third Party Flash for E300

Status
Not open for further replies.
philipcs said:
Help my friend to ask is there any third Party Flash recommand for E300?

thanks

You should use Oly flash. Third-party flash are not fully compatible. A FL-36 flash enables you to use the E300 built-in flash together. One good example of this combination is to use the FL-36 to fire upwards to remove the subject shadow if he's next to the wall.

Hacker said:
puny said:
You should use Oly flash. Third-party flash are not fully compatible. A FL-36 flash enables you to use the E300 built-in flash together. One good example of this combination is to use the FL-36 to fire upwards to remove the subject shadow if he's next to the wall.

thanks hacker and puny for your advices.

i've made a screen capture of the feature list for e-system with mertz 54MZ4i + SCA3202 adapter.

mertz54mz4iwithsca3202.jpg

i am NOT quite sure what are the significance of the few features marked with "X" at the last "combination" columns. :embrass: may be it's like what puny said it's not fully compatible.

Metz flash has quick recycling time. Max 5s.

Was at the shop today contemplating between the Metz and the FL-36 and got the latter in the end because simply a "Made For" flash by the manufacturer really makes a difference in exposure, compensation, combination, etc. The Metz was not "smart enough" when you want to try various fill techniques and stuff. I would wait for Metz to improve on the functionality of their flashes as 4/3 systems gain more popularity in the market. Its just a matter of time. At the meantime, the FL-36 would suit most of my shooting needs. Having a powerful and lightweight flash which is fully compatible makes shooting a bliss.

I bought an Omnibounce for the FL-36 as well.

shchow said:
thanks hacker and puny for your advices.

i've made a screen capture of the feature list for e-system with mertz 54MZ4i + SCA3202 adapter.

mertz54mz4iwithsca3202.jpg

i am NOT quite sure what are the significance of the few features marked with "X" at the last "combination" columns. :embrass: may be it's like what puny said it's not fully compatible.

The only thing you can't do is go beyond the 1/180 sync speed which is available for the FL-36/50. This may be needed for times when the light is too strong and making the aperture smaller (stepping down) will still not work. (I have never used this feature since I have no need to).

The last two refer to the compatibility of the cable and the adapter. If you have cameras that use the last two adapters, than you have to spend more for a separate cable.

If I have a choice, I will get the Mecablitz 76 MZ-5 digital. It was not available then and I'm stuck with the FL-50 and the grip.

That would be a very heavy combination. Any idea how much that cost in Singapore?

thanks for all comments and inputs... my friend decided to go for olympus flash to avoid any incompatibility issue in future

Flash is very straightforward. The Metz 60-CT-4 uses its own sensor, and is very accurate. The colors are also very nice, consistent and natural.

The Oly has pre-flash for a quick read before the actual firing in Auto TTL mode (not FP), which makes it extremely accurate. However, it also makes it hard to be compatible with other third party accessories.

To test, fire your flash using Auto TTL and you will see two shots being fired from the flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.