There's danger ahead, says Frodo

Status
Not open for further replies.

richliow

Jul 9, 2005
Cheeky tongue in Cheek,
Can the expects tell me what wrong with this photo,,,

and where are these halflings tracking in?

lordoftherings.jpg

another version

lordoftheringsagain.jpg

did you take these????

ortega said:
the light on the scene does not match the light on the hobbits

Hey ortega, interesting comment but a bit cheem to me. Can elaborate? I am looking at the first pic.

Richliow, I find the pic quite interestingly composed. A block of halflings with no legs fills one eighth of the picture. But it brings out the sense of danger.

Maybe, the halfling colours should be retained in the second picture. This will bring it out in the colour style of the film director.

Just my half cent comments.

the superimposition looks very fake IMHO, just like what ortega and DCA mentioned. the scale of things look uncomfortable as well, the scene seems to be taken at human eye level, but hobbits are supposed to be halflings, so they should appear much below eye level :confused:

tOGGY said:
Hey ortega, interesting comment but a bit cheem to me. Can elaborate? I am looking at the first pic.

i think what he meant was that the scene is almost backlit whereas the hobbits faces are well lit up- something you dont expect in a backlit scene.

vkashi said:
i think what he meant was that the scene is almost backlit whereas the hobbits faces are well lit up- something you dont expect in a backlit scene.

unless.... frodo brings out his sword...:bsmilie:

Deadpoet said:
did you take these????

err ..of course not... =)
I only took the background

ortega said:
the light on the scene does not match the light on the hobbits
spot on...
how to make the light work in our favour then? =)

tOGGY said:

Richliow, I find the pic quite interestingly composed. A block of halflings with no legs fills one eighth of the picture. But it brings out the sense of danger.

Maybe, the halfling colours should be retained in the second picture. This will bring it out in the colour style of the film director.

Just my half cent comments.
the light on the hobbits is coming from the left while the light in the background is coming from the top, the area that the hobbits are positioned is in shadow, so the side lights look out of place

richliow said:
spot on...
how to make the light work in our favour then? =)

There is a filter in Photoshop called "Lighting Effects..."
(Filter -> Render -> Lighting Effects...)

Try to play with it...

Remember it is a 2D light, this means you will need to tweak your brain in order to match the lightings of the Hobbits to the Background.

Try to expirment different settings, and different layers, and different blending options.

waiaung said:
There is a filter in Photoshop called "Lighting Effects..."
(Filter -> Render -> Lighting Effects...)

Try to play with it...

Remember it is a 2D light, this means you will need to tweak your brain in order to match the lightings of the Hobbits to the Background.

Try to expirment different settings, and different layers, and different blending options.

thanks bro

yes, the light is coming from above........does not tally with the hobbits..

this is a rather boring concept, and superimposing is very very lame.

try something fresher, more ORIGINAL.

i sincerely hope star wars fans dont start taking pictures of starry, starry night skies and start imposing X and Y wings and posting here. it will be rather sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.