The world's most expensive photographs

The right type of marketing. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

No wanna-be mollers with fake contacts and bbq skewer eyelashes! ;)

And photoshop skill to remove all the unwanted elements.

And photoshop skill to remove all the unwanted elements.

Actually no. You *did* notice that most of those photographs were shot in film, right? If you know where they had a PC and photoshop in 1912, I'd like to know too!

Actually no. You *did* notice that most of those photographs were shot in film, right? If you know where they had a PC and photoshop in 1912, I'd like to know too!

Retouching

Not impossible, but limited.

I don't know about film enough, but I'm sure there is some amount of room for manipulation. :)

Snob Appeal. Goods of Ostentation in economic terms.

Last edited:

I'm referring to Gursky's picture, the others requires the photographers to be dead :bsmilie:

Last edited:
That is why I emphasized a lot times that many of the pics by famous ppl like Ansel Adams are just crap... Even our fellow club snappers can easily produce stuffs much nicer than these ppl. The only difference is simply they are famous, world famous.. That's why they could command a high price.

As to whether their pics are nice or whether the pics in TS's link is nice, all I can say is there are millions better ones, I m confident even I could do better than them for some pics. But hey, ppl did buy my photos too [this is not a joke :) ]

That is why I emphasized a lot times that many of the pics by famous ppl like Ansel Adams are just crap... Even our fellow club snappers can easily produce stuffs much nicer than these ppl. The only difference is simply they are famous, world famous.. That's why they could command a high price.

You are kidding me, Ansel Adams = crap???

I mean, not all of his photos are immediately interesting, but to say that it is crap...

You are kidding me, Ansel Adams = crap???

I mean, not all of his photos are immediately interesting, but to say that it is crap...

i'm more curious at what ruler he is using to measure the level of "niceness"

Buy your own pic and push it up till it generate enough interests. :D

i'm more curious at what ruler he is using to measure the level of "niceness"

aiya so simple, got xmm = nice , no xmm = not nice lor. what so hard about photography? just get shoot xmm can liao lar. no need to think so much, no need headache.

aiya so simple, got xmm = nice , no xmm = not nice lor. what so hard about photography? just get shoot xmm can liao lar. no need to think so much, no need headache.

i think i can visualise his ruler. its a measuring tape actually. extends in the presence of XMM, shrinks when it sees ansel adams?

jokes aside, i wont say ansel is crap.