The Viewsonic monitor from the MO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rueyloon

Jan 17, 2002
www.rueyloon.com
eh guys,

thanks nick for organizing the MO, just some question as this is my first LCD, is the black supposed to be that way ? or other LCDs are better in this aspect ? the black is abit washed out due to the backlight coming through abit.... hmm.... any expert in LCDs that can tell me where this monitor stands interms of the black point ?

just calibrated it with my eyeone, and I put luminance point at 140 as recommended.
Dun think setting it anylower will lower the black point as I already tried setting brightness and contrast to the lowest and there was no difference.

cheers
rgs
rueyloon

Most LCDs are like that. Only a few I think IIRC Ezio ones don't display black this way. My Samsung 910T also is like that. However, my office's LG L1950SQ don't have this problem.

It's due to the fact that this display is very bright and contrast ratio is high, What I recommend for printmaking, is to reset to factory default, set to preset of 5400K and then PROFILE, not calibrate for one version of the profile.

I wasn't used to bright LCDs before but I realise it has a bit of a plus point, to help me see some shadow details which can't be seen on CRTs.

After applying soft-proofing, it will look alot closer.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
nic

hwchoy said:
you managed to get a properly calibrated profile? can you tell me what your contrast and brightness settings are?

think it is 78 and 35 respectively.

just glancing over to the imac 20" 2 tables away, I can tell that the imac can display a blacker black, even though it is not from the apple premier line of displays.

cheers

Try bring both to 70 range and profile again, color preset at 5400K (monitor) don't calibrate.

Gamut Labs said:
Try bring both to 70 range and profile again, color preset at 5400K (monitor) don't calibrate.

profile but don't calibrate ?

Gamut Labs said:
:thumbsup:... don't tempt me... :bsmilie:

Luminance of 140? Gee, are you blind? Try something lower like 110.

And use v3.6 of the software as well.

my EyeOne also very weird when doing RGB calibration. when sensing a white block, the RGB being read shows R and B all the way to the right, and G all the way to the left.

by the time I get them adjusted to the centre, the white becomes a turquoise tinge!
Yellow!%20doh.gif

ya, did it again with 120, but still the black point is just too bright. very obvious when you put it beside another monitor.... :|

rueyloon said:
ya, did it again with 120, but still the black point is just too bright. very obvious when you put it beside another monitor.... :|

ooi buy me makan, I will drop by your studio next week and see what can I do... :devil:

oeyvind said:
ooi buy me makan, I will drop by your studio next week and see what can I do... :devil:

yarrrrr..... right......
I already said. even when I put the contrast and brightness to the lowest, it is still brighter than the imac 20" in the studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.