The Singapore Olympians Pics in today Sunday Times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swhyge

Apr 5, 2003
Jurong
Visit site
Can someone educate me why the pics are good enough and appropriate for its intended purpose.

If I am the boss and the editor submit this for my approval, I would have tore into pieces. But I am a novice.

the basic concept behind the shoot is very good IMHO.

the execution is nice also but i don't really like the badminton ones.

the digital imaging needs more improvement though, but it's afterall just a newspaper publication.

sequitur said:

the digital imaging needs more improvement though, but it's afterall just a newspaper publication.

i agree that the concept behind the shoot is good and artistic, but i was not impressed by the execution of these shoots at all, especially they are on national level. I have seen better ones in the ST before.

sequitur said:

I think it is a very amateurish use of so call photographic creativity and inappropriate use of post processing/after effects. What theme are they trying to project? - other the obvious trying to be different for the sake of different..

Anyway, this is my feeling only.

aiyah,

don't read too much into it lah.

it's 60 cents a copy sunday times.

not $20 a copy i-D or flaunt or surface or dazed.

sequitur said:
aiyah,

don't read too much into it lah.

it's 60 cents a copy sunday times.

not $20 a copy i-D or flaunt or surface or dazed.

eh. you sure about it? very sure? :devil:

my copy of sunday times says... EIGHTY cents... :bsmilie:

nothing can compare to this local sports calendar, where there were probably 2 billion golf balls in the air for the feature pic for a local golfer, and plenty of water splashed at the national swimmers... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.