The secret to the world longest successful marriage was the words" YES DEAR"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funny

Apr 2, 2005
Just like to share with everybody this meaningful piece of news in the Strait Times this morning.There is this British couple recognised as having the longest successful marriage ever recorded celebrated their 80th anniversary yesterday, husband age 105 and wife age 100. The secret is the regular use of two words: " YES, DEAR."They also stated that what attributting to the successful marriage are due to hard work and never go to bed with an argument unresolved. They still kiss each other every night before going to sleep and holding hands.

Well, I guess their old age are also due to that they are happy and contented with each other. I had heard and have friends who are doing to divorce or had divorced or had a lot of broken relationships(Quite common nowdays). Make a marriage keep on going is not easy. Neither is BGF relation. So hope me, u guys and gals out there can learn something from them. Happy reading and learning, make your relationship and marriage happy and keep on going on and on and on....... :)

Yes, Dear

I thought you're suppose to tell jokes? This one is not funny leh.

Yes Dear!

same words of wisdom from one of my many bosses in mindef.

one day, one of my frens (during a break in the meeting) asked casually my boss who has the last word in any argument at home. now, this man is a retired BG (former COA and Commandant of 1PDF) is no slouch of a man. in his booming parade square voice, he thundered, "Young Man. In my house, I have the last word." gesshh... the ladies in the mtg room thot he's one of those old fashioned MCPs. then the BG added, "And you know what is the last word?"

its "Yes, Dear."

:bsmilie:

The best way to have a successful marriage, is to say "NO" during the engagement. :bsmilie:

I fully agree with 'Yes Dear'. We were at the foodcourt when my gf nudge me, saying no outside food allowed. I told her, who cares, U made for me, I'll eat it here.
BOOM! Yesterday night till today 10pm, she went on and on about me not concerned abt her views. Too dam sensitive.
I should have learn to say:
YES DEAR

scenario -

You: Dear, I think I wanna buy one of those cool DSLRs, maybe a flash, some lenses.

Dear: *Nag nag nag nag nag nag nag*

You: Yes dear

Sob sob :cry:

I think it takes two hands to clap, the wife sometimes also have to learn when to stop (no matter how hard it is, sometimes need to learn when to stop).

Wife: Honey, do you think i'm fat?

Husband: (thinking about the CS post) Yes, dear!

(husband) :hammer: (wife)

Stereobox said:

:bsmilie: haha that's a good one.

Stereobox said:

Haaahahhahahahaha..... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Husband to wife: "You remember those Prada bags and Gucci outfits I promised to get for you? Well, there is this great camera that came into the market with that superb lens that will allow me to take great paparazzi pictures of gals at the nudists beach. Can you please, for the love of me, forgo those Prada bags and Gucci dresses so that I can get this superb piece of equipment, and use whatever is left after buying that equipment for a trip to take pictures of gorgeous ladies at the beaches in Southern France?"

Wife: "YES, DEAR!"

Eh..."YES DEAR" can also come from the wife right?

Ideal scenario:

Husband: Dear, can I buy a D2X? ...7K oni?

Wife: YES DEAR
bow2.gif

Husband: And top it off with a 28-70 f2.8...another 3K nia?

bow2.gif

:love2:

But in reality...

Wife: NO! NO! NO! :hammer:

HotSpots said:

Ideal scenario:

bow2.gif

bow2.gif

But in reality...

Yoo hoo.. wake up already anot?

HotSpots said:

Ideal scenario:

bow2.gif

bow2.gif

But in reality...

Hahah should i signal someone to come and have a look at this ... muahahaha

HotSpots said:

Ideal scenario:

bow2.gif

bow2.gif

*final part censored*

Racoon, where are you? your dear looking for you leh :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.