The ROKKOR Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.
hazmee

oh yah, got it.
the diff is no program mode.
the on off switch moved to left next to rewind knob.
no front select switch to choose on, off or on with beeper.
cannot see from the pic if stop down lever is there t ocheck depth of field.

-7- said:
Ricoh,

Yupe, actually knew how it looks like thru the rokkorfiles.com website... cool, but love more on the design of XD, a little oldies look :)

Looking forward to hands on one of ur X700 :lovegrin: if the feel is there, might wanna get a quote from u ;)

Ricoh, you got 50mm / 135 to let go? ;p

-7-

then I recommend you the XD7.
eh, your lucky number and CS ID. [7]
very famous camera. famous for the buttery smooth shutter sound.
had it once, let it go. stupid me.
the minolta letters are in different classic font on the pentaprism.
this one got chrome version

ricohflex said:
-7-

then I recommend you the XD7.
eh, your lucky number and CS ID. [7]
very famous camera. famous for the buttery smooth shutter sound.
had it once, let it go. stupid me.
the minolta letters are in different classic font on the pentaprism.
this one got chrome version

How much did you sell your XD7 off?

KEH is selling XD11-chrome version at USD$133.00 (excellent cond.)

XD7 is more difficult to find than XD11... although both belong to the same grp., but XD7 sounds much more comfortable :bsmilie:

ricohflex said:
hazmee

oh yah, got it.
the diff is no program mode.
the on off switch moved to left next to rewind knob.
no front select switch to choose on, off or on with beeper.
cannot see from the pic if stop down lever is there t ocheck depth of field.

...and no "final check" metering, which for me is one of the defining features of the X-700. Otherwise I don't think it's that groundbreaking, nothing not done already by other manufacturers. A nice manual camera, simply.

The 9000, on the other hand... :heart: :bsmilie:

Flare said:
roundg apparently is really a fan and active user/collector of Minolta Manual camera and lens. If you check his buy and sells (he apparently appears mainly there only) He trades a lot in Minolta MD/MC equipment, So perhaps he found something really nice allowing him to let go of this piece of gem.

Roundg has been selling a lot of manual bodies and lenses at reasonable prices too. If I've taken up some of his offers I probably would have a well rounded set by now. Even his tele primes were afforable.

-7-

Cannot recall price I let it go.
So long ago
I think for a song.
Some people were saying the XD7 and Leica R4 were more or less same thing under different skins and with different lens mounts.

ricohflex said:
-7-

Cannot recall price I let it go.
So long ago
I think for a song.
Some people were saying the XD7 and Leica R4 were more or less same thing under different skins and with different lens mounts.

Hi Ricoh,

Thanks. Very difficult to get a XD7, but XD11 is everywhere... will keep on hunting...

flare

for Minolta do not have this zoom leh,
but got Canon 50-135 FD and not letting go. Not L but pics of L quality.

hmm, actually XD7 and XD11 is the same camera, just different naming convention due to geography. and its call XD in japan, iirc.

-7- said:
Hi Ricoh,

Thanks. Very difficult to get a XD7, but XD11 is everywhere... will keep on hunting...

X-700
24-50mm f/4
35-70mm f/3.5
70-210mm f/4
135mm f/2.8
50mm f/1.7
Sigma 24mm f/2.8 <-- How did they stumble upon the right formula?

Yes, constant aperture lenses. They produced affortable great optics when I was a poor student. Sharpness though not comparable with Canon and Nikkor but some how their optics produce more pleasing colours.

Hi all,

Digging and raising this thread up high again to draw some attention for the questions asked below:

1. Anyone out there is using Rokkor lense (MC / MD) on AF film/digital body?
2. What are the necessary accessories need to be added to bridge the MF Rokkor and AF body?

Cheers...

-7- said:
Hi all,

Digging and raising this thread up high again to draw some attention for the questions asked below:

2. What are the necessary accessories need to be added to bridge the MF Rokkor and AF body?

Cheers...

I have an adaptor ring 7000/MD which i believed was meant for using the MC or MD Rokkor lenses on the 1st generation Minolta AF camera, 7000 & 9000 bodies.

However it did not work for the Dynax series. My MC Rokkor lenses can be attached to my 9xi body and the shutter can be released when no films are loaded. But once i loaded with film, the shutter just could not be triggered.

I hope this can be used on the new digital body, where we do not need to load any film. Just have to wait till i buy the new 5D, then we will know the answer.

-7- said:

The backfocus distance of the Minolta AF mount is IIRC larger than that of the Minolta SR mount. Purely mechanical adapters won't allow to focus to infinity. Other adapters include lenses and act as teleconverters in order to increase the backfocus distance - but that doesn't exactly help image quality.

NSP said:
However it did not work for the Dynax series. My MC Rokkor lenses can be attached to my 9xi body and the shutter can be released when no films are loaded. But once i loaded with film, the shutter just could not be triggered.

LittleWolf said:
The backfocus distance of the Minolta AF mount is IIRC larger than that of the Minolta SR mount. Purely mechanical adapters won't allow to focus to infinity. Other adapters include lenses and act as teleconverters in order to increase the backfocus distance - but that doesn't exactly help image quality.

So, in conclusion from above 2 statements / feedbacks, result and verdict = N.G.! what a waste...

-7- said:
So, in conclusion from above 2 statements / feedbacks, result and verdict = N.G.! what a waste...
The first statement is only true for that particular user -- I suspect he has forgotten to defeat the shutter lock.

Regarding the second statement, yes there will be a quality loss, but not much resolution loss. However, more elements means more reflections and less contrast. The loss is not so much if not in strong backlit situations.

Magnus Wedberg said:
The first statement is only true for that particular user -- I suspect he has forgotten to defeat the shutter lock.

Regarding the second statement, yes there will be a quality loss, but not much resolution loss. However, more elements means more reflections and less contrast. The loss is not so much if not in strong backlit situations.

Yep, pertaining to the 1st statement, I've PMed him. Probably wait for his verification + test later. Realised this point only aft. my buddy pointed out during the testing of the adapter :)

Pertaining to the contrasty, is there anyway to re-coat the glass built in the adapter? Or even change it to a better grade element?

-7- said:
Pertaining to the contrasty, is there anyway to re-coat the glass built in the adapter? Or even change it to a better grade element?

I guess an optics manufacturing company can do both, but it would be hideously expensive!!! :faint:

Status
Not open for further replies.