The question you always thought but never dare ask...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bonfire said:
But then popularity or sales volumes have no direct relation to quality.

Like what you said, popularity or sales volume has no direct relation to quality.. ask a nissan driver and he swears by nissan, ask a honda driver he will say honda is better.. to each his own.. purchase of equipment is not abt which is better.. but which suits your needs better.. quality or not.. it realli depends on the user.. wat i see as sharp, u may think its not enough..

anyway.. beginning to drift from your original post :)

anyway.. like wat xxxboy said.. different manufacturers target different market.. like with the evolution of the digital age.. why does Leica choose not to produce a digital rangefinder?? though epson has one in leica mount.. infact, not many diehard contax users got the Contax dslr, N(digital)[mind you..its a full frame] when it was launched..forcing contax to stop production..but the point is.. contax and leica may increase their sales volume by 100% or more if they reduce their prices.. why dun they do that??.. think abt it~ ;)

for me, contax is the best, in terms of optics quality.

I had so many people commenting on the sharpness, lack of flare of my shots, compared to other lenses that i use.

and its just a T3, a point and shoot ;)

Stefen said:

I had so many people commenting on the sharpness, lack of flare of my shots, compared to other lenses that i use.

Glad to find another Contax T3 user! ;)

for me contax is all about great design also. Look at it minimalist lines and sleek product from the T3 to the 645. All the materials used looks and feels of luxury, like a LV bag.

i love most of the contax camera designs, beautiful! :lovegrin:

Belle&Sebastain said:
for me contax is all about great design also. Look at it minimalist lines and sleek product from the T3 to the 645. All the materials used looks and feels of luxury, like a LV bag.

i love most of the contax camera designs, beautiful! :lovegrin:

FYI, Contax camera were designed by Porche group if my memories serve me right.
Besides great optics, its design, material and control are top notch! :lovegrin:

XXX Boy said:
FYI, Contax camera were designed by Porche group if my memories serve me right.
Besides great optics, its design, material and control are top notch! :lovegrin:

:lovegrin: :lovegrin: :lovegrin:

Shoot slides, once you see the output of CZ optics, u won't go back :) But one thing about the few CZ lenses I have, is they cannot flare. Hood off, into the sun. Yes I'm one of those ppl that *like* lensflares.

Alvin (Contax G1 w/35mm and 45mm)

boopoo said:
WHY BMW 1.6CC CAR IS ALWAY EXPENSIVE THAN JAPANESE CAR / FUEL CONSUMPTION HIGHER THAN TOYATA POWER ??? HAVE DIFFERENCE NOT BETTER ....wHY?????M I ANSWER YR qUESTION , DIFFERENCE BUT NOT BETTER....

I drive a Lexus,my dad drive a mecz.mine is 4700cc,my dad is 3000CC,but he can keep on my tail nomatter how fast I go and is more comfortable and more stable.think you have not drive a BM or M before,that why you don't know the difference.

wah... so many rich people talking.. :cry: mebbe we shld split this category to:

A) poor hobbyist tech talk
B) luxury tech talk

sigh...

but i heard new prices of contax MF are cheaper in HK than in SG.

Stefen said:

I have heard so much about the T3, the sharpness and all. Is it really that sharp even after 100% crop? ;p

T3 works very very well for me.

I climb mountains, a.k.a into extreme conditions where temperatures from -30 to 50 degrees are not uncommon.

apart from the battery dying prematurely in the cold(i carry a spare), the camera really works well, and is a way smarter camera than most Slrs.

I know the Contax looks damn cool, but its basically the ergonomics and functionality that thrill me. Imagine operating little buttons with thick gloves, big goggles and you will know what i mean.

their designs are followed and imitated if after their models are years into the market.

thats class.

boopoo said:
WHY BMW 1.6CC CAR IS ALWAY EXPENSIVE THAN JAPANESE CAR / FUEL CONSUMPTION HIGHER THAN TOYATA POWER ??? HAVE DIFFERENCE NOT BETTER ....wHY?????M I ANSWER YR qUESTION , DIFFERENCE BUT NOT BETTER....

BMW gets the girls. Have i answered your question?

Status
Not open for further replies.