The perils of taking part in photo competitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, under their Rules and Regulations, they would have mentioned that submissions become their property (tho copyright belongs to you) and they can use the images for whatever they want, be it in advertising or otherwise. So there. :(

Regards
CK

And as with the Merlion contest, the Life Is Great contest's winning entries aren't that great either. Yeah, I think you deserve a prize more than the 10 winners. :D

Regards
CK

I think one of ST photo is already in the winner list..

The kid running panning shot. is it?

well, did you win anything for that photo?

2nd? 3rd? Starters? Consolation? .. hmm.. this is beginning to sound like 4D. ;)

Originally posted by StreetShooter
Today on the front page of the Straits Times I see my daughter's picture.

I go to their website, and there her face is again.

http://www.lifeisgreat.com.sg/NASApp/lifeisgreat/index.jsp

At least they could have given me the top prize....

Originally posted by ckiang
Well, under their Rules and Regulations, they would have mentioned that submissions become their property (tho copyright belongs to you) and they can use the images for whatever they want, be it in advertising or otherwise. So there. :(

Regards
CK

Yes, I knew that when I submitted.

And I said I would be flattered if they used it for advertising.

And I am. I must say there is great satisfaction in being able to boast that my photo is being used in advertisements.

Oh well, Guess I have to call myself a pro now.

I won a Canon Sureshot WP-1 waterproof point and shoot for my effort. A far cry from the 1D I would have bought with the $20K first prize.

Originally posted by StreetShooter

Yes, I knew that when I submitted.

And I said I would be flattered if they used it for advertising.

And I am. I must say there is great satisfaction in being able to boast that my photo is being used in advertisements.

Oh well, Guess I have to call myself a pro now.

I won a Canon Sureshot WP-1 waterproof point and shoot for my effort. A far cry from the 1D I would have bought with the $20K first prize.

So you did win! The daily contest thing is it? Coz I don't see your pic in the 10 winners list. :(

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.