The Perfect Camera Bag?

booshybrows

Jan 21, 2020
Hi Guys!

I'm looking to get a new photography bag, any recommendations? Also, if you could improve one thing about camera bags what would it be? Been trying to find one that is a mix of the Peak Design backpack, Lowepro Protactic and the Wandrd. But all of them don't really look that aesthetically pleasing. Also, most camera bags are super expensive...

I have matching ONA Bowery and Union Street Messenger bags, which are pretty nice. The Bowery is especially nice, it holds its shape well, ages nicely, is a good size if you're just bringing a small kit out, and doesn't look "obvious" as a camera bag. For some reason, the Bowery looks small but seems to hold quite a lot, whereas the Union Street Messenger is large but doesn't seem to hold much. I don't know how else to explain it, but it's a bit annoying.

If I were redoing things, I'd just get some inserts (e.g. like what you see here) so I can carry my gear in whatever bag I want, and it's also useful for packing in your cabin luggage when you travel.

When choosing the photo bag you must first know what photo equipment you put in it. For large equipment and many I recommend the backpack otherwise the shoulder bag. I have both the backpack and the shoulder bag and I choose them according to the type of photo shoot I have. I recommend the backpack because you have free hands and the shoulder bag because you have quick access to the photo equipment. More details can be found in the following article https://4photographers.blogspot.com/2020/04/photo-bag.html

What equipment do you intend to carry?
That helps with advising you