The Pentax K1 Thread! - Post all your K1 picts and impressions

nice details jk. But on top of stacking 3 frames, did you also use the Pixel Shift mode?

20170311-IMGP7239 by jenkwang, on Flickr
K1+Samyang 14/2.8

The sensor shift composition adjustment is wonderful, been using it more and more.
This one was rotated using composition adj a little as I had some limitation on tilting the camera a bit more due to using a rather rudimentary ballhead which did not allow it. :D

nice. what crop factor is this jk? is it a square crop?

So far from what I have read, the impressions of the DFA28-105 has been very good, as your picts has shown too. :)

Yes, not many weaknesses within its specs.

nice details jk. But on top of stacking 3 frames, did you also use the Pixel Shift mode?

Thanks
This was shot with 3 pixel shift frames.
Then these 3 frames were stacked using photoshop.
I think other focus stacking software will be better, but I lost my old focus stack software and I've yet to find/install a new freeware one.

nice. what crop factor is this jk? is it a square crop?

If I am not wrong, its either just cropped slightly for composition or in the 5x7 aspect.

Pentax bros been quiet a few days now...wonder what they have up their sleeves??? :)

Pentax bros been quiet a few days now...wonder what they have up their sleeves??? :)

I've been shooting stuff that I find hard to share for the past 3 weeks. ;)

Development is the "golden path" by jenkwang, on Flickr
K1+K24/2.8 again

I just find that bit of sensor shift for composition adjustment invaluable, even when its only a bit.
My widest lens I brought along that day was the 24mm.
The shift plus a bit of tilt down of the camera allowed me to get away with less noticeable keystone distortion while getting more of the construction below which provided a foreground element to the shot.
W/o showing enough of the construction below, the shot would be rather pointless, imo.

The ability to set the timer for B mode exposure is a godsend too.
Set for 80s for this shot.

Last edited:
Its been quite sometime since i last post. Let's have a break from all the buildings and xmm pictures . Have some creatures from the sea instead. Isn't that the place where all life forms started ?

IMGP0432 by maverick_h, on Flickr