The Pentax K1 Thread! - Post all your K1 picts and impressions

Back to basics, shot from low level just now for the NDP Final Rehearsal Fireworks, no need to camp, reached there 7pm+ still have space. :bsmilie:

37058122_1024.jpg

Today's sunset had a chance to be good, so I just cycled to a vantage point I had wanted to try out and see how it turned out.

K1+K24/2.8

Composition adjusted to get more of the road below and multi-exposure for the traffic trails.
The K1 is such a wonder image making camera, all these features that don't catch the eye on a spec sheet review, but is so wonderful for real image making.

Might have been better for the light trails if it was darker, but 15mins was all I had for shooting before going home for the next chore.

Swee lor! Bojio!

K1 + HD DFA 24-70 @24mm

Did not have chance to shoot fireworks, but got a serene morning reflection after all the fireworks the night before.

K1 + HD DFA 24-70 @24mm

Did not have chance to shoot fireworks, but got a serene morning reflection after all the fireworks the night before.

Wow! Love the color and the reflection! Awesome pic

K1 + HD DFA 24-70 @24mm

Very nice shot! love the reflections.

No wonder so quiet, yama.. Go holiday at Taiwan ah :p
By the way, your sensor in need of cleaning leh.

FA24 Close up.

DFA100WR

No wonder so quiet, yama.. Go holiday at Taiwan ah :p
By the way, your sensor in need of cleaning leh.

haha..it was a last min trip..travel to Taipei with just 31 and 77..

ya..realise that my sensor really need cleaning when i was processing my photo..maybe should find a day to send to APD

haha..it was a last min trip..travel to Taipei with just 31 and 77..

ya..realise that my sensor really need cleaning when i was processing my photo..maybe should find a day to send to APD

Better try to do it yourself, learn using swipes or pentax cleaner. will be a repetitive issue over time.;)

otc

Victoria Peak - FA2035

28706449311_0125011acf_c.jpg

Ocean Park - F50

28678361902_a4e92f0214_c.jpg

I couldn't find much tutorials on the K-1 video usage. In video recording, in Af mode, how do I get the video camera to auto-focus as I pan from foreground subjects to distant background ? I tried it but it only focus with I half pressed the shutter, which will result in a focusing noise being captured. Sigh !
Thanks !

I couldn't find much tutorials on the K-1 video usage. In video recording, in Af mode, how do I get the video camera to auto-focus as I pan from foreground subjects to distant background ? I tried it but it only focus with I half pressed the shutter, which will result in a focusing noise being captured. Sigh !
Thanks !

Not a video person but my feel is that when shooting video, the videographer might prefer to manual focus as you have mentioned, using autofocus is quite noisy unless you are using those SDM lenses