The NP Big Walk Nikon Shootout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nikon Singapore is simply THE BEST... providing us with such a cool 'jersey' type t-shirt, great goodie bag (especially the fan..wooo), transport, lucky draw etc etc... Not forgetting two marvellous magazine editor, FOCUS- Lovely Brenda and PHOTOi - superb John Cosgrove were there too... ;)

Was eyeing on the case and was shocked when i saw there were also FIVE coolpix 8400 (although I didn't got any... :( ) to be given away too!! Such generosity is greatly appreciated by all Nikon fans... :)

Had a great morning and hopfully there will be more of these events in the near future! Cheers to NIKON!!! ;)

very good event.
The only thing i worry about is the Nikon Family Photo. in fact there is too plenty of space in front of the last row. do not know what will be the final print out result, hope it will be outstanding as well. :thumbsup:

we'll juz haf 2 wait and see.

1st prize 17-55, Knight Ong la!!!! no nid to say liao...

2nd prize 12-24, Who wHo ??? i think this lens is at Espn's hse rite ??

3rd Prize 10.5 fish eye.. no nid to ask liao.. u all also know who win this liao... espn la...

i wan the pelican case also dun haf... sob.....

Thanks to Nikon!! I had a great time today too....went home with some great pics, aches (walked from Esplanade back to indoor stadium), fantasic goodie bag, plus a Coolpix 8400! ;) :thumbsup:

So any offers for the 8400?? :bsmilie:

aches!! that should be almost all of us. time for a leg/foot massage.

Glad you folks enjoyed yourself, it was great meeting many like-minded Nikonians shooting and registering as early as 6am which I thought only I would be that on.

Happy for the 10 winners of the Pelican cases & 5 winners of CoolPix 8400. Please use it!! :D

Hope your photos will appear on PhotoI and Nikon's Focus Newsletter!

Cheers!

Just want to say that Nikon S'pore did a fantastic job organizing this shoot-out.

I especially appreciated the fact that they had buses running a ferry service for us for the duration of the event. And each time we boarded, we had bottles of 'Nikon' water given to us.

The Tee-shirt was great too! It felt nice and cool despite the hot humid weather this morning.

A BIG THANK YOU to all those helpers/organizers!

:D

thumbs up for Nikon, Clubsnap and PSS ! :thumbsup:

really enjoy myself today :)

best is that all my "walker" friends commented that our Nikon t-shirt is WAY better then theirs :cool:

If you folks have any suggestions on how to improve and make the next outing a better one, please do feel free to suggest!! I'm sure Nikon is reading this very thread!!

kudos to the men and women of Nikon, PSS and CS for the great and wonderful event....... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cheers

espn said:
If you folks have any suggestions on how to improve and make the next outing a better one, please do feel free to suggest!! I'm sure Nikon is reading this very thread!!

hmmm ... thinking this may be helpful for my friend, maybe a wider range of T-shirt sizes? like ... XXL ? :sweat:

EPSN dream comes true? So bad I can not join this big shootout.

very enjoyable shoot, thanks to Nikon, CS and PSS for organising this event.
BTW I second the t-shirt in bigger sizes.
Goodie bag came with useful stuff.

the contest made the shoot more enjoyable.

thanks again

Glad to see sooooooooooo many Nikonians! Though cannot know everybody but suspect more than 50% of them are CSers :p.

Kudos to Nikon, PSS & others who helped put this together :)

Great job by Nikon, PSS & others in organising this event. :thumbsup:
Keep up the good work! :)

just woke up ... really shaq out
lolz ...

A good job by CS , Nikon and PSS .. :thumbsup: for them.
Enjoy myself too ..

Have to add my congratulations and thanks to Nikon. Similar sentiments to most people here. It's simply the best free event that I've ever signed up for!

Must highlight:
  1. The free polo-tee. Dri-fit type material. 'Mandarin' collar which reduces chafing from the camera's neck strap. And very nice overall design. Excellent stuff.
  2. Terrific logistical support. The bus service was a very good touch. Much appreciated.
  3. The lucky draw. My goodness, the prizes... what can I say? Excellent prizes!

But it was a sad day personally for me because:
  1. United lost last night despite playing well. So, didn't sleep a lot before the event. Was cranky when I got to the stadium. And it didn't help that...
  2. My D70 has passed away. It was the infamous FCB light metering problem a.k.a. continuous blinking CF light. This morning, my camera was working. When I got to the National Stadium. It wasn't. Came back to life while I was on the Nikon bus. Then died after three shots. =( Looks like a visit to Nikon for me.
  3. I missed the 8400 by one digit. And that person wasn't around too. Arrrgggghhh! That would have been nice to make up for my spoilt morning.

Suggestions:
  1. The water bottle should be given upon registration in the morning, not placed in the goodie bag. Thirsty leh.
  2. Maybe the current issue of Focus magazine could have been in the goodie bag. Surprised Nikon missed the publicity opportunity.
  3. Trying of Nikon lenses and bodies. (Heheh... just suggesting. Not feasible, nvm.)

Thanks Nikon, CS and PSS!. Well done on a terrific job!

Status
Not open for further replies.