The New Generaiton :(

1. The design of the tables are bad and the tables takes up too much space. We are not Big America or Australia. We have to learn to make use of our space wisely.

The tables should be long and arrow like the wooden tables and chairs of our school canteens.

2. There should be priority seatings for elderly and infirm in food courts.

3. Outlaw chopping seats and impose heavy fines. We can do it. Remember we are a Fines society.

:)

I'm not sure which is worst... we have too much 'Law' or we should 'Add' more Law... :bsmilie:

I find it strange and I think we should start such education from young. MRT got priority seat, only people sitting in the priority seat needs to stand up for those people in need? Those seat beside the priority just sit and look and point fingers at those that failed to comply?

Now we chope the hawker seats and assumed the entire table below to us. This is a public place, surely any vacant seats are open to anyone. Instead of round table, since the seats are fixed to the ground, we should have long benches like those in schools. The only con is you will find it difficult sharing food for those eating in a ground. For hawker centres that cater for crowds, may that is the way to go. Please also do not maximize the number of stalls till there is no space for passageways and cleaners. This is for planners from NEA haha

TS.... since the couple has been arrested... one being 46 (man) and the other 39 (woman)... your title of 'The New Generation' should be changed to 'My Generation'... :bsmilie:

I find it strange and I think we should start such education from young. MRT got priority seat, only people sitting in the priority seat needs to stand up for those people in need? Those seat beside the priority just sit and look and point fingers at those that failed to comply?

Now we chope the hawker seats and assumed the entire table below to us. This is a public place, surely any vacant seats are open to anyone. Instead of round table, since the seats are fixed to the ground, we should have long benches like those in schools. The only con is you will find it difficult sharing food for those eating in a ground. For hawker centres that cater for crowds, may that is the way to go. Please also do not maximize the number of stalls till there is no space for passageways and cleaners. This is for planners from NEA haha
in the olden days, using 没教养 to scold kids being misbehaved is very strong word, so what does it mean?

I believe the schools teach children about good moral, but it won't work if the school teaches children the right things but their parents do things the other way round.
parents have to set good examples FIRST.

if you are residents of Toa Payoh, you can give feedback to your MP, I am sure they will come out some short term and long term solutions.

you also can give feedback or suggestions on the layout of hawker centre to NEA, HDB or URA, that is a more proactive way.

Last edited:
TS.... since the couple has been arrested... one being 46 (man) and the other 39 (woman)... your title of 'The New Generation' should be changed to 'My Generation'... :bsmilie:

The 'New Generation' have on their BC under status: Singapore Citizen while 'My Generation under status British Subject
:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

, you can give feedback to your MP, I am sure they will come out some short term and long term solutions.

you also can give feedback or suggestions on the layout of hawker centre to NEA, HDB or URA, that is a more proactive way.

I am sure many here have tried given feedback. Unfortunately, either you get standard replies which is the better of the other version, direct to the recycle bin hahaha

You want result, the only way is through somebody with authorities. Mind you, ordinary MP also won't work.

You want result, the only way is through somebody with authorities. Mind you, ordinary MP also won't work.

I think the Senior Members here wield a lot of power and authority.

You can direct your requests or problems to us.

We can do a lot for you short of presidential pardon. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Thank you Sion, that is precisely why I am sharing my thoughts here. I am sure you guys would be able to do wonders. Thank you

newsnation, 10 % real news. dont waste your time on that site.

I'm thinking of boycotting all news period. It may be better to be uninformed rather than misinformed.

A little off tropic. This chopping of table and seat need to be addressed. Of course the main reason is overcrowding which is something nobody wants to look at. While I agree reserving seats are bad, try buying a tray of food and walk around the entire food centre and you cannot find an empty seat.

For people with flexible lunch hours, they can always go after the lunch crowd has cleared. This is usually before 11.45 to 1.30 pm. But how many of our employees have this luxury? More planning from URA is required as part of urban living requirement.

First come first sit. No chopping as it deprives lone ranger a seat.