The new ClubSNAP forum theme hard to read?

Prefer white lettering on black background...Like this which I just came across yesterday:
http://tysonrobichaudphotography.wordpress.com/2013/07/10/panasonic-lumix-100-300mm-waste-of-time-or-amazing-value/

So much easier on the eyes, white or grey background is just too glaring.

I beg to differ on this, bro.

Whenever i visit dpreview and after reading a few pages, my eyes start to see stars.

As mentioned, this would be a better combination
Fullscreen+capture+11152013+55226+PM.jpg

btw, i also find the present link format, which is without underlining and without a different color, better.

It is kind of less distracting.

Eyes are less strained without constantly/unconsciously putting attention on those.

btw, i also find the present link format, which is without underlining and without a different color, better.

How is it 'better'? It's virtually non-existent ;p I imagine it might look 'better' in terms of having less visual distractions, but this is a discussion forum, not a novel. It's definitely a step backwards in terms of function. It just means that there'll be many inline links that go unnoticed or missed. E.g., Who expects users to hover over every single word to find an inline link in a post? I'm with Parka on this.

Anyways, these are minor issues, trust the mods/admins will slowly make the necessary tweaks. We'll get there. I think from the various comments, having a number of colour themes would be really good. E.g., It's quite common for some apps now to have Light & Dark skins. Thanks to all involved for the hard work. I know from experience on another forum that customizing a vb skin/template can be serious pain.

-------

I've been getting a 'Fatal Error' while viewing/replying some posts, this is probably of greater priority.

I beg to differ on this, bro.

Whenever i visit dpreview and after reading a few pages, my eyes start to see stars.

As mentioned, this would be a better combination
I read your post before my comments. That is not a problem. I am just stating what I prefer. It's either you see stars or I feel uncomfortable. You can't satisfy every one. If it gets too bad on my eyes I quit - no hard feeling.

I read your post before my comments. That is not a problem. I am just stating what I prefer. It's either you see stars or I feel uncomfortable. You can't satisfy every one. If it gets too bad on my eyes I quit - no hard feeling.

Hopefully we can hv the best of both worlds. LOL. Make it switchable. For one who does not want to feel uncomfortable, switch to dark background. For one who doesn't want to see star, switch to the white backg.

That is the good things of having changes. Change for the better, as new technology makes it possible. cheers

I understand the justification for the change and accept that as part of progress. As mods continue to modify over the next few days please keep in mind these few items (which I trust are already being worked on):

1. Please improve contrast between text and background colours.
2. Allow links to be 'viewable'.
3. The "TOP" button in the lower right corner (which I use frequently) does not work in my current version of Firefox.

I understand the justification for the change and accept that as part of progress. As mods continue to modify over the next few days please keep in mind these few items (which I trust are already being worked on):

1. Please improve contrast between text and background colours.
2. Allow links to be 'viewable'.
3. The "TOP" button in the lower right corner (which I use frequently) does not work in my current version of Firefox.
actually, mods didn't do much things on this, other than do test run and give feedback to our admins to tweak the forums,

and reflect some suggestions from our members without the nasty comments. :)

Personally, I find the switch to new theme very unfortunate. Why does a forum need to copy the (ugly) design of some OS?
Secondly, several issues affect the readability:
1) Links disappear. How on Earth shall people see where the text contains links to other websites? Links and the highlighting are a fundamental thing of websites.
2) The differentiation between read and unread threads is not obvious enough. I recommend a colour highlighting, not just making a slim font a bit bold.
3) Wasn't there any corner further out for the Quick Jump button? Maybe lower right corner..?
There are forum themes designed with more care ..

Personally, I find the switch to new theme very unfortunate. Why does a forum need to copy the (ugly) design of some OS?
Secondly, several issues affect the readability:
1) Links disappear. How on Earth shall people see where the text contains links to other websites? Links and the highlighting are a fundamental thing of websites.
2) The differentiation between read and unread threads is not obvious enough. I recommend a colour highlighting, not just making a slim font a bit bold.
3) Wasn't there any corner further out for the Quick Jump button? Maybe lower right corner..?
There are forum themes designed with more care ..

The change to the new skin was announced earlier and the reason behind it.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1333675&p=8658614&viewfull=1#post8658614

Last edited:
Only the colour changed, nothing special about the style. The bars still there etc. Maybe out with some semi round bars and in light blue colours (or user to choose colour) would be nicer. :D

Is it just me or overall the fonts are generally smaller compared with the previous theme?

The new colour scheme inspires a sense of contentment and carefreeness of living in a first world nation.

The posts are now more upbeat, optimistic and positive and less complaining and quarrelsome.

This is the direction much welcomed by the leaders. :)

Update :

Increased font size in post content to 14px.
Link color in post content now in blue.

Urrggg.....My eyes hurt! I have to put on a polarised filter to read the posts.......:eek:

Ok, seriously, I think the white background is too bright for the eyes. Would be good if it's in a lighter shade of grey so that the black fonts stand out better in the shaded background. It's very tiring for the eyes with such high contrast background.

See the grey boxes heading at the top of the forum page? It's so soothing to the eyes :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work ClubSnap Admin ;) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Update :

Increased font size in post content to 14px.
Link color in post content now in blue.

The colour codes in your post don't seem to work (Color #333333).
Thanks a lor for the adjustments, that's better now. It would be vest to use a really dark grey for the fonts in postings.
Also, using a light grey as background will help the pictures to stand out better here.

Made some tweaks to thread titles to make it easier to differentiate between read and unread threads.

The new colour scheme inspires a sense of contentment and carefreeness of living in a first world nation.

The posts are now more upbeat, optimistic and positive and less complaining and quarrelsome.

This is the direction much welcomed by the leaders. :)

totally agree.
There is a sense of lightness. LOL