Status
Not open for further replies.

narloke

Mar 24, 2006
Yishun
narloke.deviantart.com
1216658-copy.jpg

1216669.jpg

ERm... Both models look dead... No real facial expression...

Pic 1: The model facing us looks sleepy, not murderous. The "victim" can't be seen at all... You should at least show her face.

Pic 2: Looks like the "killer" is complimenting the "victim" on her necklace. There's not feeling of fear or terror.

The first pic, without the victim's hand, head lower, more pulling tension on the hair would have more impact I think? :)

#1 looks like a haircut

Knife is not really visible, what is the victim's hand doing?
also can see victim's neck whould be better

#2 look like a jewellery shop
again what is the victim doing with her hand?
no sign of terror
killer does not look like one

The title was interesting. The 2 pictures posted, I wnder what did they have to do with the title?

Title aside, the 2 pictures were well exposed, with correct color balance, and unique styling, but that is all I saw.

Neither pictures evoked any emotional response, they are "blah" and nothing much.

good idea but lack the ooomph factor....no impact...
anyone game to do a series on suicides?

Thanks for all the comments, i know the pictures are lack of powerful impact, that results from four reasons:

1) First time shoot with these two friends, and they are first time in front of the camera to act.(of course except for the p&s casual shots)
2) They didn't know each other before this shot, so the communication between them is a bit hard.(They are not professionals, even can't be categorized into amatuers)
3) Although i knew one of them for quite a long time, but in terms of shooting experience and the communication during the shoot, we can't find the "click" so fast until a two-hours long warm up session was over. My poor communication skill and guide of the posings.
4) The outfit is appropriate for this kinda theme due to limited choice

But, over all, i am satisfied with the lighting and buid of the atomsphere, we'll try more after getting familiar with each other.

Pic #2 looks like a S&M kinda pic.... :bsmilie:

Great idea and concept though :thumbsup:

Use fake liquid blood if you want to get things right.

Agree... The pink may work for lipstick, but not for the blade...

and realistic props ... the knife looks like a plastic knife.

Thanks all for the advices. Actually this murder scene concept was not in the plan at all, the original plan was kinda fashion shoot. But the sparks of inspiration came out suddenly, then we said " hey, y not try something different and crazy!" But unfortunately we can't find the perfect props. What's ideal for me are a real dagger and some fake liquid blood (at least chilli saurce), and a ovbious scar on one of the model's arm (I've seen tutorials teaches how to do that). But all these are not in the plan,:cry: hope can try next time thru a well organized planning.

Thanks all for the advices. Actually this murder scene concept was not in the plan at all, the original plan was kinda fashion shoot. But the sparks of inspiration came out suddenly, then we said " hey, y not try something different and crazy!" But unfortunately we can't find the perfect props. What's ideal for me are a real dagger and some fake liquid blood (at least chilli saurce), and a ovbious scar on one of the model's arm (I've seen tutorials teaches how to do that). But all these are not in the plan,:cry: hope can try next time thru a well organized planning.

Oooo...chili sauce...that's going to leave a burning sensation...

Status
Not open for further replies.