The Most informative Photography magazine to suscribe to!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read time, fortune and smart investor.

3 mags for me, Digital Photo, Practical Photography and Photography monthly.

For me, I subscribe to Digital Photo direct from UK, cost me around S$15 per copy instead of around S$17.90 at newsstands in Singapore. Best thing is that it's mailed to me around 2 to 3 weeks earlier than you can find in newsstands. To me, its the best mag as you can use the CD files to follow the tutorials, and watch the videos of the instructors lessons.

Practical and PM I buy occasionally, can pick a copy at Times to read that's all.

i subscribe to popular photography. love it :)
by subscribing, i get like 60-70%+ off the local prices. i have some spare subscription forms if anyone is interested, u can pm me :)

i subscribe to popular photography. love it :)
by subscribing, i get like 60-70%+ off the local prices. i have some spare subscription forms if anyone is interested, u can pm me :)

;p so how much are you paying for each mag? $4-5?:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

firstly, it's practical photography and digital photo.
u can find out more here...
http://www.photographymags.co.uk/

like i said earlier... practical photography deals more with the shooting part, digital photo deals more with what u do after shooting.. but their articles are not strictly in those specified ares, they do cross into each other's areas of speciality... so u will find articles on post-processing in Practical photography, as well as shooting tips in Digital Photo...

Overall both are good buys, but i find subscriptions not very useful coz u don't save much... try getting from Willl in CS.. slightly cheaper... here's the link:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=227970

If you don't feel like buying, the practical photography site has lots of guides and tutorials for u to dl for free too... they come from old issues of the magazines, so u can have a feel of what it's like...

woah super power to the max. i just down loaded over 20 mb of their free downloads. and i am using my office pritner to print them?;) ;) and it just keeps on jamming up other documents!

lol.

so i guess i had better more careful !:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

PhotoVideoI has become more like a news letter, lots of information on upcoming events and what happened in previous events. Not much on teaching on photography techniques. Even equipment reviews are few and brief.

They were much better when they first started.

Now Practical Photography seems like a good read every month...

Ya loor. Anyway, PVI is juz a replica of PP. In ALL TERMS of Layout and everything. Only that now they drop a lot of features and start getting a lot of advertisments. John himself also stopped his free workshops outings, etc. I suspect the printers also changed. The quality of the paper seemed to have dropped also.

PhotoVideoI has become more like a news letter, lots of information on upcoming events and what happened in previous events. Not much on teaching on photography techniques. Even equipment reviews are few and brief.

They were much better when they first started.

Now Practical Photography seems like a good read every month...

I AM LIKE SO TEMPTED TO SUBSCRIBE. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. ;p ;p ;p ;p

zak: how did you make payment to them? Send them a cashier order in USD together with the subscription card?

hmm if i dun remember wrongly, i ask them to bill me, i didnt send USD together with the subscription form.
do u need the form? i have spares :)

But I thought the "Bill me" only applied for US citizens and mailing addresses. No, no worries. I got plenty of those subscription cards from all the various mags I have. Heh. I was just wondering on the payment procedure.

But I thought the "Bill me" only applied for US citizens and mailing addresses. No, no worries. I got plenty of those subscription cards from all the various mags I have. Heh. I was just wondering on the payment procedure.

hmmm, maybe u can try sending them USD... i really cannot remember how i paid for my subscriptions... sorry :(

if you are more serious about photography, I'll suggest PDN and also PICTURE, or if you can still find then, COLORS. There is another one, but I can't remember the title......

Hi Guys,

How can I subscribe to Practical Photography?

Status
Not open for further replies.