The Mandelbrot

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwchoy

Jul 16, 2003
Tampines, Singapore.
www.hexazona.com
can let me know what colour the background appear to you? :confused: thanx. and I hope you know what a Mandelbrot is ;p

mandelbrot.jpg

background looks like mimosa - it's just a lousy guess from me :D

ok good... may i have the formula(e) for the Mandelbrot plant, please? ;)

:thumbsup:

ha, sehsuan

Mandelbrot plant = peat moss + potting soil + H2O + “dump outside corridor and wait for spores” ;)

So now I have a problem. The background appear dark blue on my laptop LCD, as it appear to all you guys, BUT it appears purple on my CRT! :cry: how do I go about adjusting?? :( :( I have already used Adobe Gamma

darkness said:
Hey, if I'm not mistaken the fractal itself is called the Mandelbrot set while the person is called Mandelbrot.

http://www-gap.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/Mathematicians/Mandelbrot.html

well the person is Mr. Mandelbrot :bsmilie:

I'm not a mathematician lah, had to do Mandelbrot set (you're right!) graphical visualisation as part of my computer science course. actually at that time Mandelbrot set and fractals is something new and wonderful (early 80s) and we were using $20K Tektronics terminals to do these programs, ate up a ton of cpu time on the superminis too :)

hwchoy said:
well the person is Mr. Mandelbrot :bsmilie:

I'm not a mathematician lah, had to do Mandelbrot set (you're right!) graphical visualisation as part of my computer science course. actually at that time Mandelbrot set and fractals is something new and wonderful (early 80s) and we were using $20K Tektronics terminals to do these programs, ate up a ton of cpu time on the superminis too :)

Yah, Fractals are found in everyday life, most of plant growth is govern by non linear dynamics, we can construct the shape of a growing plant by using fractals, of which of one of the most well known fractal algorithm is the one due to mandelbrot. The photo personifies this. GReat!!

Eugene

Status
Not open for further replies.