The long walk from departure gate to air-bridge... anyone else?


Status
Not open for further replies.
#1
Leaving this afternoon back to Thailand and man... i hate it each time i leave, i see my parents sending me off and my mom will cry... i'll start to tear too. anyone else have these experiences when flying off after being back for a holiday that inevitably ends?

Dreading the walk later... went to see my gf early this morning one more time this morning... sigh so sad one :( studies abroad... ahhhhhhh the pain.
 

Klose

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2005
2,619
0
0
#2
ParkertR said:
Leaving this afternoon back to Thailand and man... i hate it each time i leave, i see my parents sending me off and my mom will cry... i'll start to tear too. anyone else have these experiences when flying off after being back for a holiday that inevitably ends?

Dreading the walk later... went to see my gf early this morning one more time this morning... sigh so sad one :( studies abroad... ahhhhhhh the pain.
:bsmilie: used to this when i was studying in boarding sch in uk always dreaded going back to the land of the lousy food :bsmilie: seriously british culinary isnt as good as what we see on jamie oliver :bsmilie:
 

#3
haha... land of the lousy food... i heard hte song about "Singapore Girls"... by some guy who studied in the UK. haha~ he sang about lousy food and not so appealing girls :p sigh... still hate to leave my beloved SG. Been abroad close to 3 yrs now... still love my home.
 

Klose

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2005
2,619
0
0
#4
ParkertR said:
haha... land of the lousy food... i heard hte song about "Singapore Girls"... by some guy who studied in the UK. haha~ he sang about lousy food and not so appealing girls :p sigh... still hate to leave my beloved SG. Been abroad close to 3 yrs now... still love my home.
Mine was only 2 years :p August 2002 to July 2004 then it's august 2004 to oct 2006 in army :sweat: after which jan 2007 to ??? maybe 2010? in uni? :bsmilie:
 

Cactus jACK

Moderator
Staff member
Jul 12, 2004
3,933
3
38
Singapore (Kallang)
#7
hope that you have arrived safely, dude.

did the studying o/s thing... just rem that your loved ones are just a phone call away!!

p.s. we have to rethink how to nab your S3pros now that you're not in spore.
 

burger

New Member
Aug 6, 2005
189
0
0
CCK
#8
Cactus jACK said:
hope that you have arrived safely, dude.

did the studying o/s thing... just rem that your loved ones are just a phone call away!!

p.s. we have to rethink how to nab your S3pros now that you're not in spore.
now with instant messengers, it is even easier to keep in touch :D :thumbsup:
 

#9
Cactus jACK said:
hope that you have arrived safely, dude.

did the studying o/s thing... just rem that your loved ones are just a phone call away!!

p.s. we have to rethink how to nab your S3pros now that you're not in spore.
Burger: yeah... its true. im chatting with my mom now... on msn, but... its different. i cant give her a hug can i? or eat the food she cooks!

Heya Jack, i had a good flight, thanks! Well.. look what happened yesterday... i arrived at the airport only to get a "Last Call for Flight SQ 66".... So I RAN!!! WIth my 13KG Computrekker AW Plus on my back and a 10kg guitar case in hand... ahhh ran and ran.... then...

1) i lost my boarding pass... dropped it without knowing
2) i got it back from a japanese girl who ran after me with my boarding pass in her hand
3) got to the gate and got on the plane
4) got 2 full meals on the plane
5) guitar rode in 1st class cabin
6) i rode in economy class
7) watched "Mr & Mrs Smith" for the 2 hours
8) arrived at thailand airport
9) queued up at immigration... was 2nd in line till this middle eastern guy decides to take his whole family of 8 with him...
10) harrassed by customs officials - checked my bags and opened camera/laptop bag
11) showed them my namecard and they let me go
12) fanwars picked me up at the airport
13) back in school...
14) configured computer for internet
15) called gf
16) slept... now on cs~
 

idor

Senior Member
Nov 11, 2004
666
0
0
42
Northern California
#10
ParkertR said:
Leaving this afternoon back to Thailand and man... i hate it each time i leave, i see my parents sending me off and my mom will cry... i'll start to tear too. anyone else have these experiences when flying off after being back for a holiday that inevitably ends?

Dreading the walk later... went to see my gf early this morning one more time this morning... sigh so sad one :( studies abroad... ahhhhhhh the pain.
wahh... you mum cry har..... My mum chase me in leh.... Everytime I wanna go makan something before going in... she always chase me in..... :think:
 

reachme2003

Senior Member
Oct 6, 2003
3,735
0
0
#11
you have a influential namecard! what are on the card?
 

Watcher

Senior Member
Feb 9, 2003
2,307
0
0
The heart of the Abyss
Visit site
#12
Ha ha, funny story at airport :bsmilie: .

But honestly, I can sympathize with your plight... However, with modern conveniences like email, MSN and phone call, it is almost next door! As the Chinese saying goes: 不是猛龙,不过江.

Enjoy your freedom overseas, and don't look back. There will be the food that you love and people who love you when you come back. "Don't you cry tonight, there's a heaven above you"
 

scanner

Senior Member
Jan 24, 2002
1,608
0
0
Visit site
#14
Watcher said:
Ha ha, funny story at airport :bsmilie: .

But honestly, I can sympathize with your plight... However, with modern conveniences like email, MSN and phone call, it is almost next door! As the Chinese saying goes: 不是猛龙,不过江.

Enjoy your freedom overseas, and don't look back. There will be the food that you love and people who love you when you come back. "Don't you cry tonight, there's a heaven above you"
No matter how you enjoy the country you are in now(overseas), there is always a special place called "HOME". This is the place where you grew up, where you make alot of friends, where your parents and grandparents are....;)
 

Deadpoet

Senior Member
Oct 18, 2004
4,619
0
0
#15
scanner said:
No matter how you enjoy the country you are in now(overseas), there is always a special place called "HOME". This is the place where you grew up, where you make alot of friends, where your parents and grandparents are....;)
Bring back old memories, very old memories, flying off overseas, back to schools. The generation today is luckier. Flying is much cheaper and readily available, long distance phone call does not cost an arm and a leg, you can chat, SMS, and even see the people you left behind via video conferencing, all or almost all free.

Home as many had defined it, to me, is somewhat overated and obsolete. We, the last 5 to 10 generations, had been more mobile than ever. We travel for work, play, we move, we have options.

Connectivity had extended my reach. Home is where I am.
 

Cactus jACK

Moderator
Staff member
Jul 12, 2004
3,933
3
38
Singapore (Kallang)
#16
Deadpoet said:
Bring back old memories, very old memories, flying off overseas, back to schools. The generation today is luckier. Flying is much cheaper and readily available, long distance phone call does not cost an arm and a leg, you can chat, SMS, and even see the people you left behind via video conferencing, all or almost all free.

Home as many had defined it, to me, is somewhat overated and obsolete. We, the last 5 to 10 generations, had been more mobile than ever. We travel for work, play, we move, we have options.

Connectivity had extended my reach. Home is where I am.
as mobile as we are... to me, home is still where the heart is!! :heart:
 

Pro Image

Senior Member
Oct 31, 2003
2,822
0
0
46
Last planet from the sun
#17
ParkertR said:
Burger: yeah... its true. im chatting with my mom now... on msn, but... its different. i cant give her a hug can i? or eat the food she cooks!

Heya Jack, i had a good flight, thanks! Well.. look what happened yesterday... i arrived at the airport only to get a "Last Call for Flight SQ 66".... So I RAN!!! WIth my 13KG Computrekker AW Plus on my back and a 10kg guitar case in hand... ahhh ran and ran.... then...

1) i lost my boarding pass... dropped it without knowing
2) i got it back from a japanese girl who ran after me with my boarding pass in her hand
3) got to the gate and got on the plane
4) got 2 full meals on the plane
5) guitar rode in 1st class cabin
6) i rode in economy class
7) watched "Mr & Mrs Smith" for the 2 hours
8) arrived at thailand airport
9) queued up at immigration... was 2nd in line till this middle eastern guy decides to take his whole family of 8 with him...
10) harrassed by customs officials - checked my bags and opened camera/laptop bag
11) showed them my namecard and they let me go
12) fanwars picked me up at the airport
13) back in school...
14) configured computer for internet
15) called gf
16) slept... now on cs~
So what happend to the Jap girl........???????
 

Pro Image

Senior Member
Oct 31, 2003
2,822
0
0
46
Last planet from the sun
#18
scanner said:
No matter how you enjoy the country you are in now(overseas), there is always a special place called "HOME". This is the place where you grew up, where you make alot of friends, where your parents and grandparents are....;)
Sounds like a Singapore song lei.......

Maybe singing it would sound much better!
 

Astin

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2002
4,736
0
36
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
#19
Deadpoet said:
Bring back old memories, very old memories, flying off overseas, back to schools. The generation today is luckier. Flying is much cheaper and readily available, long distance phone call does not cost an arm and a leg, you can chat, SMS, and even see the people you left behind via video conferencing, all or almost all free.

Home as many had defined it, to me, is somewhat overated and obsolete. We, the last 5 to 10 generations, had been more mobile than ever. We travel for work, play, we move, we have options.

Connectivity had extended my reach. Home is where I am.
My school days, I wrote letters and put photos inside the envelop and mailed out.
Holidays was to wash dishes at restaurants and waited at tables, didnt have money to buy tickets to go home...
 

Deadpoet

Senior Member
Oct 18, 2004
4,619
0
0
#20
Astin said:
My school days, I wrote letters and put photos inside the envelop and mailed out.
Holidays was to wash dishes at restaurants and waited at tables, didnt have money to buy tickets to go home...
remember those cassette tape recordings we made to get a closer feel of those we left behind?
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom