The London Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

nivlek28

Jan 25, 2003
Bukit Timah
www.pbase.com
Hi guys and gals

we will soon see this in Singapore. SO for now, a preview...comments?

18863280.jpg

Originally posted by nivlek28
Hi guys and gals

we will soon see this in Singapore. SO for now, a preview...comments?

Well done, I like the angles. Do you have any in colours? Or did you shoot/convert in b/w because of the lighting and reflection from the window?

Hi...why are you not looking forward to it? I think it will be a boost for us. But then again our neighbours, as usual, seem to have a point to prove as they're going to build two! Gee!

Why do they always have to play catching up? :bsmilie:

I shot the pics in color but they were awful!!! The sky was terrible. Typical London weather. SO i converterted to vlack white and viola...I think its much better already. Cheers!

I feel the London Eye lends itself to B&W better for what it is and where it is.

My first attempt on the Eye (see my avatar) was using B&W film and it shocked me even till today that my B&W "Eye" remains as one of my favourite shots.

I returned to the Eye a year or 2 later using colour slide (taken from the same angle) and the so-called coloured image turned out monochromatic... which is why I said B&W works wonder for the Eye...

I have the colour version. Not as nice.
Hmm... I do agree that b/w is nicer. Well, maybe skill counts ;p

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0092_.jpg

Originally posted by nivlek28
I shot the pics in color but they were awful!!! The sky was terrible. Typical London weather. SO i converterted to vlack white and viola...I think its much better already. Cheers!

Hmm, just as I expected. I was there last year and the lighting wasn't good. Typical of London I suppose. The sky was overcast with the sun shining brightly thru the clouds. Making the whole picture bland and like jas said, it looks monochrome!

Yup, I like the b/w rendition.

Great angle there for your first pic.I guess b/w looks better as compared to colour.The colour one looks rather ordinary as compared to the b/w effect which makes it look unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.