The Increasing Wealth of CSers

Status
Not open for further replies.
XXX Boy said:
Even if a lousy photographer using a top-of-the-line camera, the pictures he take is still crap!
I knew one guy who is using a Leica MP to take pictures of finished plate of Char-Kway-Teow!!! Really dunno how to justify! :think:
I would rather spend more time on reading on about photography technics and master it on field rather than spending many useless time keep buying and buying equipment.

I learned something new!!! To take high class images, one must use high class equipment. To take a plate of char kway teow one cannot use a DSLR/MF/LF/RF, only a polariod or DC can!!

Wow.. I'd rather people spend more time shooting than harping on Leicas M6 and being a 2nd hand owner of items...

espn said:
*cough cough* DeeTourAge...

*cough cough*

:sticktong
Hee ... note I said "This Past One Year" ...
;p

Anyway, I sold off the DeeWantHex so didn't have to fork out much ...

espn said:
I learned something new!!! To take high class images, one must use high class equipment. To take a plate of char kway teow one cannot use a DSLR/MF/LF/RF, only a polariod or DC can!!

Wow.. I'd rather people spend more time shooting than harping on Leicas M6 and being a 2nd hand owner of items...
Can use Contax T3 to shoot char kway teow or not? :devil:

Well its my mom. She say, Singaporeans have grown richer but not necessarily happier. Money is just the means to acquire expensive stuff but not a substitute for talent or passion.

espn said:

A high class plate of char kway teow perhaps? :think:

hanafi said:
Well its my mom. She say, Singaporeans have grown richer but not necessarily happier. Money is just the means to acquire expensive stuff but not a substitute for talent or passion.

its just me, talented ppl have little or no means gown richer, for most of them. Only the talented and marketable ones are alot richer.

Actually, I start to realise that "photography" and "photography business" require different skills and talents.....

It dosen't really matter if CSers are grabbing all the "L"s and "VR"s or PRO-DSLRs.... blame it on the BBB virus that is prevalent here :bsmilie:

But really,

HERE in SG... I've yet to see a (market rate) PAID photog cover any commercial assignment using a P&S. So my assumption is that in order to be paid, you must at least look the look (in sg context).

While I can't say for what others think, I reasonable assumed that most (like me) aspires to make a mark in the photog circle... be it a pro commanding premium pay or a hobbiest winning a competition prize.... sadly to say I'm still far from my goal :cry: :cry: :cry:... well, that's another story.

Then again, looking at the wonderful pics here taken with whatever setup used... I really like to match the setup to see if I can also match the quality of the pic... :p

CYRN said:
HERE in SG... I've yet to see a (market rate) PAID photog cover any commercial assignment using a P&S. So my assumption is that in order to be paid, you must at least look the look (in sg context).

then again, you dun see many PAID photograghers using P&S for assisgnments around the world.

Belle&Sebastain said:
its just me, talented ppl have little or no means gown richer, for most of them. Only the talented and marketable ones are alot richer.

ummm... ain't photography marketable? :dunno: :dunno:

CYRN said:
ummm... ain't photography marketable? :dunno: :dunno:

its not the pictures, its the person, the photographer, he can take billiant photos but cannot sell to save his life no point. he/she still be poor $$$

Belle&Sebastain said:
then again, you dun see many PAID photograghers using P&S for assisgnments around the world.

Remember someone posted here a fashion photog using P&S for mags.

As you've mentioned, "marketability" in Sg AFAIK also encompasses your equipment setup.... regardless of what some CSers mention that you can get wonderful pics using only whatever setup.

Belle&Sebastain said:
its not the pictures, its the person, the photographer, he can take billiant photos but cannot sell to save his life no point. he/she still be poor $$$

OIC...

But worn't "brilliant" photos sell themselves? Hmmmm.... I still have plenty to learn before jumping into photography :think: :think:

Sion said:
I think maybe the camera and lenses owned by ClubSnappers are more sophisticated and expensive, they are poorer in the pockets because of spending more money on buying than keeping them in their backpockets :sweatsm:

Or no point keeping money in the bank - interest rate at less than 1%. And also, very easy to get low-interest credit.

Or is it herd instinct, following the crowd so, one get the 70-200VR, and the entire herd follows and eat bread for the next few months.

nickmak said:
A high class plate of char kway teow perhaps? :think:

NOTHIGN Beats the Char Kway Teow from my Hometown IPOH~!! ;p ;p

Think of it this way, since entry lvl DSLR is getting more and more affordable, more and more ppl joining the DSLR Wagon cos it's just more justifiable than the old days... and it somehow coincide that these ppl tat just join the DSLR Wagon ALSO Join clubsnap, and somehow coincide that these new joins are also mid-upper class rich singaporean... tat's why u see sooooo many ppl owning L or ASF or whatsoever-expensive-lens

btw... s'porean ARE rich... just have a stroll along orchard and you at least spot a ferrari, a porsche, prehaps sometimes a Lambroghini, and I just saw a Bently Coupe yesterday... try bukit bintang and once in a blue moon you'll see one of these rare breed... :D:D

CYRN said:
OIC...

But worn't "brilliant" photos sell themselves? Hmmmm.... I still have plenty to learn before jumping into photography :think: :think:

a straight man, handsome face with good japanese looks and a body to die for with no balls to date or talk to woman has no girlfriend to date, he is 30 this year. change jobs often cos of his inferior complex, he is near deaf in one ear but that does not affect in anyway i have a conversation with him.

i good friend i known for 10 years

a straight man, very average looks with fat stout body has a wife that can set other guys heart pumping, he is currently 28.

i met during wedding assignments.

its not how good one is, he how good he can market himself. If Cameras are so good, there will be not more advertisments.

if you can take billiant photos can keep and show it yourself, nobody will know.

I think this comment of CSers getting richer may or may not be true.

Understand that a lot of CSers are quite well-off. They got the best photography equipment that money can buy. Came across one which as a super good DSLR, but don't know how to operate it to take good pics. To these group of ppl, they're the blessed ones who can come up with big $ for an expensive hobby. No problems with that of course.

The other group will work for their hobby. Yes, they got good equipment, L lenses, etc, but will need to engage in photography projects (full/part time) to finance these spendings.

RossChang said:
NOTHIGN Beats the Char Kway Teow from my Hometown IPOH~!! ;p ;p

btw... s'porean ARE rich... just have a stroll along orchard and you at least spot a ferrari, a porsche, prehaps sometimes a Lambroghini, and I just saw a Bently Coupe yesterday... try bukit bintang and once in a blue moon you'll see one of these rare breed... :D:D

how many can drive that ferrari? i'm singaporean and i certainly cannot afford it yet? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.