The Hand, Feet, Boot, Paintbrushes, and Sponge (Hardware and Software)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahandre

Mar 12, 2007
Earth
www.flickr.com
Hi all C&C Please

I've taken this photo on my way to SOHO area, New York.
Noticed two Indian construction workers did some job painting on the stairs of the houses there. On this pic, I wanted to show the combination of tools and scene which he worked "painstakingly".

The scene was kinda dull, cloudy, hence I used "Cloudy" WB (Too bad my CF almost full, cannot take RAW and hence I used JPG mode)

Please C&C on composition and colors. FYI : there's no postprocessing on this image, other than resize.

1007800191_4580f84152.jpg

Hi all C&C Please

I've taken this photo on my way to SOHO area, New York.
Noticed two Indian construction workers did some job painting on the stairs of the houses there. On this pic, I wanted to show the combination of tools and scene which he worked "painstakingly".

The scene was kinda dull, cloudy, hence I used "Cloudy" WB (Too bad my CF almost full, cannot take RAW and hence I used JPG mode)

Please C&C on composition and colors. FYI : there's no postprocessing on this image, other than resize.

1007800191_4580f84152.jpg

OK, I learnt something from other thread. Not much to comment = not worth to comment. I'll try harder next time. Thanks for the time.

OK, I learnt something from other thread. Not much to comment = not worth to comment. I'll try harder next time. Thanks for the time.

Don't feel disheartened, man.
My half-penny comments: when I first saw this photo, my brain was trying to figure out if the leg and hand belong to the same person. I guess not. :D The brush being held wasn't immediately obvious it's a brush because of the angle it was held.

Don't feel disheartened, man.
My half-penny comments: when I first saw this photo, my brain was trying to figure out if the leg and hand belong to the same person. I guess not. :D The brush being held wasn't immediately obvious it's a brush because of the angle it was held.

Thanks for the comment. The hand and leg belong to same person. Actually there were two paintbrushes there. One in hand, another on steps. But i agree the one in hand wasn't very obvious.

actually i like the abstracity of this shot. like arpinkor, it seemeed to be that the leg and hand belongs to 2 different entities.

however, to me, it is like a chopped leg and hand placed there together with the other items to show the abstract view of the hand, boot, sponge and paintrbushes

Thank you all for the CC..... any idea how to make this work for you guys ?

Status
Not open for further replies.