Thaipusam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
oeyvind said:
Who's going? Meet where?

From what I heard the devotees are carrying the milk pots first and then at around 2am they will assemble with the Kavadis. I'm going there directly with a colleague. Should be there by 11:30pm. Might be wandering right outside Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple. How do I spot you? Just look out for someone wearing orange shoes. Ha! :)

guys, so anyone confirmed going? I'd like to go.

mich_2103 said:
Hello Everyone,
Actually I didn't realize this year's Thaipusam is on the 5th Febuary until I saw this thread.

But last year, I was on a bus, driving through Little India and witnessed the "walking" ceremony and it's really cool. I'm planning to take pictures at Thaipusam this year.

But I do have a few questions regarding about taking pictures from the ceremony...

1. Do I need a permit?
2. Am I allowed to use a flash?
3. Am I allowed to take pictures (using the flash) of the participants dancing, jumping, walking etc... ?
4. Are women allowed to be there during the entire ceremony?
5. Any sort of taboo during Thaipusam?

Many thanks to those who can share their experiences!

Regards,
-Michelle- ;)

after going there this year, my first time, no permit needed, flash is allowed, can take any picture you want, women are allowed and no taboo... so it was really great... :thumbsup: :D

so did you go?

Noir said:
From what I heard the devotees are carrying the milk pots first and then at around 2am they will assemble with the Kavadis. I'm going there directly with a colleague. Should be there by 11:30pm. Might be wandering right outside Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple. How do I spot you? Just look out for someone wearing orange shoes. Ha! :)

missed you.. only saw your post after 2330 last night, anyway did go in the morning, my shots:

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=60887

Clown said:
where is the exact location of the firewalking?

Fire-walking is a totally different event. It is normally held sometime in Oct at the temple at North Bridge Road (Chinatown or Bull-Car-Water). This one you need a pass to get in because of the crowd. Last few years, the organiser arranged a 'path' for tourists to walk throught to witness the ceremony. So pretent to be a tourist, walk in take a quick snap and move out, and go another round.....

Status
Not open for further replies.