Teleconverter for third party len

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanner

Jan 24, 2002
Visit site
Hi all,
does anyone here have any idea, which teleconverter (rang between 1.4X - 2X) is the best matched/compatible with the TAMRON 24-135mm SP len (F-mount) ? :)

Thanks

for 2X, try the MC-7. approx $135 from fotoguide. bring your camera and lens down for a test run. but it should work fine.

Originally posted by rochkoh
for 2X, try the MC-7. approx $135 from fotoguide. bring your camera and lens down for a test run. but it should work fine.

MC-7....from Nikon?
BTW, I do remember that you are planning to get this teleconverter as well. :)

Originally posted by scanner

MC-7....from Nikon?
BTW, I do remember that you are planning to get this teleconverter as well. :)

The MC-7 is made by Kenko which is a division of THK (Tokina Hoya Kenko). The MC-7 is identical to the Tamron MC-7 as tamron buys it's TC's from Kenko.

At various stages the MC-7 has been sold as a Tokina, Hoya, Kenko, Tamron and Glanz brand teleconverters (TC's) that I'm aware of.

Quality wise it's almost as good as a Nikon TC and since Nikon don't offer any AF TC's for non AFS lenses the MC-7 and "Pro" TC's from Kenko are the only options worth considering as the Vivitar and Samyang AF TC's etc are awful quality.

Originally posted by Ian

The MC-7 is made by Kenko which is a division of THK (Tokina Hoya Kenko). The MC-7 is identical to the Tamron MC-7 as tamron buys it's TC's from Kenko.

At various stages the MC-7 has been sold as a Tokina, Hoya, Kenko, Tamron and Glanz brand teleconverters (TC's) that I'm aware of.

Quality wise it's almost as good as a Nikon TC and since Nikon don't offer any AF TC's for non AFS lenses the MC-7 and "Pro" TC's from Kenko are the only options worth considering as the Vivitar and Samyang AF TC's etc are awful quality.

OIC.....Thanks mate. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.