Tele conversion lens for FZ20

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoliyam

Apr 13, 2005
Hi,

is there any other telecon lens available in singapore besides tcon 17?

have been looking ard but cant find tcon 14b or raynox 2020. tcon 17 seems to have a significant light loss and fringes as per sample photos.

neoliyam said:
Hi,

is there any other telecon lens available in singapore besides tcon 17?

have been looking ard but cant find tcon 14b or raynox 2020. tcon 17 seems to have a significant light loss and fringes as per sample photos.

You can give a call to Panasonic, and order the Panasonic Telecon, very good construction. heavy and good quality glass.

rhair78 said:
You can give a call to Panasonic, and order the Panasonic Telecon, very good construction. heavy and good quality glass.

how much will that be? rough estimate will do. thanks

blimmer said:
how much will that be? rough estimate will do. thanks

BUY! BUY! BUY!

Buy original! *joking*

I think it is better to get Panasonic lens if you have the budget, else, 3rd party lens may have some twiking to do.

thanks.. but panasonic one is waay out of my budget. i read in earlier posts that tcon 17 was ard 150 brand new and 100 2nd hand thats why wondered if some one bought tcon 14b as well some where. its supposedly second best after panasonic one.

neoliyam said:
thanks.. but panasonic one is waay out of my budget. i read in earlier posts that tcon 17 was ard 150 brand new and 100 2nd hand thats why wondered if some one bought tcon 14b as well some where. its supposedly second best after panasonic one.

Try scouting the major camera shops. they should carry for Olympus digicam users.

Make sure you get the right thread size for the adapter you have. and also the appropriate step up or step down rings. good luck

out of my budget too..

neoliyam said:

There are other 3rd party TCON lens too, with different thread sizes.

Check around shops and see what they have, best is to bring your cam along to test out...

Once you roughly know what is out in the market, knowing the lens quality, pricing, etc., then decide what you want...

Shopping for lens has never been easy....at least not for me.

Olympus TCON14B would be expensive if bought first hand. think it's $300+ if I'm not wrong. It's a very good converter though.

mpenza said:
Olympus TCON14B would be expensive if bought first hand. think it's $300+ if I'm not wrong. It's a very good converter though.

what is the typical price for used unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.