Techniques for resizing/photoshopping pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
however, i didn't realise that resizing affects sharpness? :dunno: or does it apply only for resizing using a jpg and not for resizing and saving as a jpg from RAW? :think:
when you resize to SMALLER,

the photo will look blurrer. try it for a scene with a lot of detail - you'll see what i mean.

I suggest you use an Imageready droplet to do batch resize! With that you can select your resizing algorithm too. Select Bicubic Sharper/Smoother for the best effect! PM me if you need help on the droplet!

I only just started touching up my pics on flickr (they were originally uploaded with no touch-ups).
I didn't touch up and upload the grasshopper yet. BTW the background is a purple chair, I did notice that Photoshop turns it blue with auto-color adjustment.

That's a good example of why the auto adjustments should be avoided. I deliberately made the background blue (not knowing what the original color was).

when you resize to SMALLER,

the photo will look blurrer. try it for a scene with a lot of detail - you'll see what i mean.

thanks for the headup....never noticed that at all although i resize a lot...:embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.