Tech Question: Graphic Card to TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolfgang said:
if i am not wrong, it's a low end 128mb Nvidia Ge Force? Not too sure honestly... :embrass:

solve the video first.. then the audio..

video is simply the S-Video output.. 1 yellow cable
I tried on tv before, no problem w displaying movies. If it's really codec, wouldnt hv played on your comp monitor..

Audio, u need splitter out of the green port of your pc to the 2 channel connectors on your tv or hifi. you may need to buy this as it doesnt come w graphics card.

The last time i tried was w Nvidia 440MX fyi.. old model.. once the image is up, check out the display settings where u can tweak stuffs..

hwchoy said:
I find that the movie windows on will not display through the TV-out port. i.e. if you play DVD on PowerDVD or Widows Media Player, you will see everything on your TV but the window in which the movie is playing is blank/black.

I have not tried this on video but I had the same problem trying to do a screen capture of video and only got black frames. Solved it by setting the video acceleration to None ( Control Panel-> Display -> Settings -> Advanced -> Troubleshoot ).

reno77 said:
I have not tried this on video but I had the same problem trying to do a screen capture of video and only got black frames. Solved it by setting the video acceleration to None ( Control Panel-> Display -> Settings -> Advanced -> Troubleshoot ).

ah! I will try that. makes sense. which means MrRabbit is not using acceleration?

hwchoy said:
ah! I will try that. makes sense. which means MrRabbit is not using acceleration?

check out the latest xp detonator/nview.. it's supposed to be peanuts to set-up.. i've never touched the acceleration setting.. has to be other factors..

anyway, other than watching movies on your old bulky and gigantic 42" tv or to extend your desktop.. dont see the point lo.. tv res are lower, so u see blur on hi-res settings.. go plasma tv or projectors.. hehe.. standard rgb/dvi..

MrRabbit said:
check out the latest xp detonator/nview.. it's supposed to be peanuts to set-up.. i've never touched the acceleration setting.. has to be other factors..

what's detonator/nview? I using GeForce FX5700 256MB, can use?

Wolfgang said:
I'm using a Nvidia GeForce FX 5200. Should work yah? :)

ok.. so nvidia dont call their drivers detonator anymore.. just like ATI call their drivers Catalyst.. ;p :sweat:

anyway, here's the link to nvidia's latest driver package
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_66.93

nview is just a driver application, comes when u install the driver for your card.. there should be an Nview option under display settings.. i know my geforce has when i still had it.

maybe ppl with latest nvidia cards can enlighten.. i've converted to ATI.

MrRabbit said:
ok.. so nvidia dont call their drivers detonator anymore.. just like ATI call their drivers Catalyst.. ;p :sweat:

anyway, here's the link to nvidia's latest driver package
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_66.93

nview is just a driver application, comes when u install the driver for your card.. there should be an Nview option under display settings.. i know my geforce has when i still had it.

I assume this latest driver works ok with the GeForce 5200? :dunno:

Wolfgang said:

I assume this latest driver works ok with the GeForce 5200? :dunno:

supposed to be a one-for-all kinda thing.. just get it.. :)

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
thats due to either macrovision or something to do with your rendering, i have this problem before, after some tweaks, its ok already.

What tweaks was it? I am encountering the exact same problem. The desktop shows up fine but the movie doesn't seem show on the TV. :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

Help anyone?

reno77 said:

Sorry sorry. My bad. I just this piece of advice. It works! :) :thumbsup: :) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.