Taxi using currency act to reject payment

Did a quick google on the currency act chapter 69 section 13.

A lot things added and deleted from the Currency Act above. I'm no law expert but seems the taxi driver is lying.

The question now if true the taxi driver is lying, is he in trouble?

Link to Act : http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/aol/sear...6aec" Status:published Depth:0;rec=0#pr13-he-.

Erm, the taxi driver is making specific use of subsection 4.

(4) Where a payee has given written notice to the payer that he would not accept as payment all or any of the denominations of currency notes or coins in satisfaction of a debt, subsection (2) or (3), as the case may be, shall not apply to the payment of the debt to the extent specified in the notice. [25/2002]

chinese say: "law is dead", human is alive"
as so many have pointed out, it's not practical.
or are we becoming a litigious nation like the States?
Becoming? It's reality for many years already. Look at how people talk to each other after incident. Not long ago there was a case described here where a ball flew out of the playground hitting a jogger. Search for it and see how many pseudo-legal responses there were. But not surprising: your founding father has shown how to get rid of political opposition by suing them into bankruptcy. Now the children do what they have learned.

U can justify all, but I look from practical POV.
Well, seems you don't read my posting in full. Instead of going on your ranting as if all taxi driver would put up such notice and enforce it please have a look at the last paragraph.

LTA had replied...
Capture_zps965091c4.jpg
[/URL]

Sounds like a tai-chi move to me :)