::Tanya::

Status
Not open for further replies.

draeger

Jul 31, 2006
www.pbase.com
This was shot 2 days ago in an old Fort in Sydney.

"Epilogue"
2738809550_bae72f54cf.jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup: nicee

Nice composition, photoshopping, and colors. It really sets the mood. The image and the figure is beautiful but I don't think this is a flattering shot for the model's face.

Thanks but can you expound?

:thumbsup::thumbsup: nicee
Thanks!

Interesting shot but something is still amiss.
Thanks. May I ask what you think is amiss?

Thanks. May I ask what you think is amiss?

Wish i knew the full answer?

Anyway, i think the context is not complete. IMHO, you have a gal laying on the ground but whats the story behind it? Its like a movie but you dont know what the ending is.

Technically, i think you have got it.

Have you seen works of Zemotion?

Anyway, i think the context is not complete. IMHO, you have a gal laying on the ground but whats the story behind it? Its like a movie but you dont know what the ending is.

Have you seen works of Zemotion?
Maybe cropping, juz a gut feel. =P

JacePhoto is right, technically it's ok. The tone and color is ok. But the model looks dead, not sleeping. That's why something is missing, the model's pose and clothes doesn't gel.

I have a question for draeger. What you are trying to say? What is your message? Please note that I am serious and not trying to be sarcastic.

The Zohan.

Thanks but can you expound?

I think that the shadows around her jawline and the side of her face make her face very square from this angle. A sharp jawline is usually attractive, but I think it's a bit too masculine here. Maybe have her chin a little lower?

@ chisquared - okay, i get what you mean. Thank you. :)

@ Jace & The Zohan - thank you for taking time and actually trying to make sense of the image. My intention was not to portray a "sleeping" girl. The reason why it was shot like this (shot high up and not cropped - to give a sense of height) was to portray an ending, conclusion, death. Of what? Life maybe? It wasn't meant to be a glamour shot, a model sleeping, or someone taking a nap. Hence the title "Epilogue".

@ Jace & The Zohan - thank you for taking time and actually trying to make sense of the image. My intention was not to portray a "sleeping" girl. The reason why it was shot like this (shot high up and not cropped - to give a sense of height) was to portray an ending, conclusion, death. Of what? Life maybe? It wasn't meant to be a glamour shot, a model sleeping, or someone taking a nap. Hence the title "Epilogue".

Hello draeger, thanks for explaining. It helps us to understand your intention. Truly, I must commend your effort in trying to translate your thoughts into the image. It's different from the usual beauty shots that are in this part of clubsnap.

That said, the translation is not 100% perfect, hence the odd feeling about the image. This type of image needs a certain clarity in the execution, otherwise it'll look a bit odd. When you are planning for the shoot, all the details matter, the clothes, the hair, makeup, etc. Leave nothing to distract the viewer. Images of this nature will need a lot of effort on your part. I strongly encourage you to pursue your ideas.

The Zohan.

Hello draeger, thanks for explaining. It helps us to understand your intention. Truly, I must commend your effort in trying to translate your thoughts into the image. It's different from the usual beauty shots that are in this part of clubsnap.

That said, the translation is not 100% perfect, hence the odd feeling about the image. This type of image needs a certain clarity in the execution, otherwise it'll look a bit odd. When you are planning for the shoot, all the details matter, the clothes, the hair, makeup, etc. Leave nothing to distract the viewer. Images of this nature will need a lot of effort on your part. I strongly encourage you to pursue your ideas.

The Zohan.

Much appreciated Zohan. :)

dude, :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.