Tang Shooters XXXV: TCSS Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn, I thought that I was the only hungry fairy here..:embrass:

Re: Nikon User D700 Kopi Session - 25 Jul Fri
Change of Location
Due to the size of the group the location for the gathering will be changed to BK at Millennia Walk

Time: No change, I will be there at 6:30pm

Look for the guy with a few nikon bags and D700 brochures

The map is here: http://www.map.gov.sg/arcgisoutput/_...utputImage.jpg

Any1 wanna go for this kopi session ??? ,,, :)

Change of Location
Due to the size of the group the location for the gathering will be changed to BK at Millennia Walk

Got free Sb900? ;p:bsmilie:

Butz me ish de shooooooo happpiz tolay... coz me gotch this
2688902056_267d1eb6bf.jpg

:lovegrin::sweatsm::lovegrin:

:thumbsup: You buy tickets for which part of the race? Expensive 1?

Change of Location

Can't go. Friday evening occupied liao. :cry:

Change of Location

Okie... Here i come... enuff with Canon!

Change of Location

fWah... I hwill twy loo make ik... gotch Nikon camee huan hor.....;p

goot morelengs butties...:)

Fwah lans!

http://lightingmods.blogspot.com/2008/05/nikon-with-pocket-wizards-inside.html

Nikon with Pocket Wizards Inside

D1_with_pw.jpg

Today while driving through the Pocket Wizard web page I stumble with this excellent news for Pocket Wizard and Nikon users.

It seems that they can mount an Internal Radio Transceiver just like the ones we are using today on the hot shoe mount.

Take a look at the full Press Release after the jump...

Press Release from Pocket Wizard (you can find the original post here at their page):

"Taking the ultimate step forward, PocketWizard is now offering the first built-in digital radio Transceiver in a digital SLR camera. The newest generation PocketWizard takes the shape of a wafer-thin electronic computer circuit board, that interfaces with existing technology found in the Nikon® D-Series Digital SLR cameras. This built-in PocketWizard Transceiver offers the same advantages as the external units without the need for pre-triggered motor drive cables, batteries or PC cords and it leaves the camera's hot shoe available for other accessories such as an on-camera flash.

Installation of the PocketWizard inside the Nikon D-Series cameras is available from Mamiya America Corporation in the U.S. as an after market modification to current owners of Nikon's D1, D1H and D1X series of digital SLR cameras.

The PocketWizard technology inside modification is fully compatible with all current and previously released PocketWizard Digital Radio Triggering Systems. Offering 32 channels plus "Multi-Zone Triggering", this modification also features auto-channel detection. Setting the radio channel on the Nikon® D-Series camera is as easy as holding the camera's flash key down and turning the jog wheel, until the flash or camera fires.

Since the PocketWizard chip inside is a Transceiver, it can send or receive digital radio signals independently or simultaneously. That means you can trigger your camera remotely and your camera will trigger your flash units remotely, all at the same time, wirelessly up to 1000 feet away.

The PocketWizard inside also offers features such as Pre-Triggering release circuitry that keeps the camera from going into sleep mode, SpeedCycler mode enabling rapid switching from one flash unit (or Zone) to another.

Relay Trigger sequencing, offering the photographer the ability to trigger a camera wirelessly and the camera, in turn, triggers electronic flash units wirelessly. The PocketWizard inside accepts the trigger signals from other PocketWizard radios, (such as the PocketWizard Classic, Plus, MAX, MultiMAX or also a Sekonic radio- ready exposure meter).

An external antenna that screws into the Nikon's PC socket is the only indication that PocketWizard technology is inside. Once the antenna is removed the PC socket automatically switches back to a standard PC terminal. With a triggering range estimated at 1000 feet or more and total compatibility with all PocketWizard Inside or PocketWizard Ready professional photographic equipment, the Nikon's D-Series cameras with PocketWizard technology inside is the perfect addition to the "Digital Wireless Freedom" system.

Future photographers won't know the limits of a wired world, why should you?

Features include:

* Wireless auto-detection - Channel ID setting
* Transceiver Technology - Transmit, Receive or do both at the same time, all in one radio
* 32 selectable channels - Allows multiple users to work together without interference
* Multi-Zone Triggering - Selectively control which camera(s) or flash(es) triggers remotely
* Pre-Triggering release - Prevents a remote camera from going into sleep or standby mode
* SpeedCycler mode - Allow sequential triggering of cameras or flash units
* Relay mode - Offers simultaneous triggering of a camera and flash units remotely
* Removable external antenna - Retains standard PC socket function
* 1000 foot operating range - Offers reliable remote operation at great distances.

PocketWizard inside Nikon D-Series Specifications:

Range: 1000 feet +
Frequency: 344mhz (Standard Triggering channels 1 thru 16)
346.5 - 354 MHz (Quad-Triggering 17 thru 32)
Code: Complex 16/24-bit digitally coded signals
Channels: 32 digitally coded Channels
16 original PocketWizard classic Channels
16 PocketWizard Quad-Triggering Channels
Synch Speed: Up to 1/400 (focal plane)
Power: Uses the Nikon camera body's power source
Weight: Internal wafer board adds only 0.16 oz. to the camera

Note: PocketWizard Digital Radio Triggering systems may be used only in countries where a permit for the control frequency has been issued by the government office in charge.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.

PocketWizard Inside Nikon D-Series [Instructions & Warranty]

MODIFICATION PROCEDURE: When requesting a Nikon D1, D1X or D1H digital SLR to be modified with a PocketWizard inside, the PocketWizard Inside Modification order form (link to Order Form) must accompany the camera. The camera must be in good working order before MAC can perform the modification. If the camera is not received in good working order it will be returned. Once the modification is completed, the camera will be shipped back to the sender.

MODIFICATION TURN-AROUND TIME: MAC's service department receives the camera, providing that all components are available, the standard turn-around time is 48 hours. If you require a faster turn-around, special arrangements can be made (additional charges apply) including overnight shipping and drop-ship procedures.

WARRANTY COVERAGE: MAC will warranty the PocketWizard inside modification
and Nikon will continue to warranty the Nikon camera. This means that if a require service with for your Nikon radio-ready camera, you must first send the camera to MAC's service department. MAC will remove the radio board and send the camera to Nikon USA for servicing. If the problem is with the camera, Nikon will honor the warranty. If the problem is with the PocketWizard, then MAC will honor the warranty."

morning:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.