Tang Shooters LXV: TCSS Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
sls dinner cancelled...:)

Harlo butties

i got Q 2 ask here,for HDR,best software is Photomatrix? and issit cool if i do HDR on wide agle portraits?.......has any1 experience dis processing and anything i should noe about?

Harlo butties

i got Q 2 ask here,for HDR,best software is Photomatrix? and issit cool if i do HDR on wide agle portraits?.......has any1 experience dis processing and anything i should noe about?

Photomatix is one of the most widely used software for HDR. However there are other forms of HDR software available in the market such as Artizen. If u looking for better control, go right at Photoshop with manual layering and manual dodge and burn.

Even when i use photomatix for HDR, i still do rework in PS to make it more pleasing.

As for HDR wide portraits, firstly u must understand whether the surroundings are ok to HDR. Normally, when we do HDR, most of the times is to enhance the details in shadows when the contrast between highlights and shadows are too dark.

So if u are trying to do a HDR on a wide portrait, it can be done. I have done it sometime ago with one shot -> http://www.flickr.com/photos/kuantoh/2541928670/in/set-72157605368056571/

But really, i think there should not be limits to any form of photography. As long as it is not overly done (well depends on person to person again) and nicely presented, its a successful shot.

Photomatix is one of the most widely used software for HDR. However there are other forms of HDR software available in the market such as Artizen. If u looking for better control, go right at Photoshop with manual layering and manual dodge and burn.

Even when i use photomatix for HDR, i still do rework in PS to make it more pleasing.

As for HDR wide portraits, firstly u must understand whether the surroundings are ok to HDR. Normally, when we do HDR, most of the times is to enhance the details in shadows when the contrast between highlights and shadows are too dark.

So if u are trying to do a HDR on a wide portrait, it can be done. I have done it sometime ago with one shot -> http://www.flickr.com/photos/kuantoh/2541928670/in/set-72157605368056571/

But really, i think there should not be limits to any form of photography. As long as it is not overly done (well depends on person to person again) and nicely presented, its a successful shot.

Thanks KT for such useful pointers.Yeah i do agree there are no limits to any form of photography.Wanna try something new everyday.Cheers !!:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Thanks buttie...

@ the previous post, Milo buttie is a lil hot... :bsmilie::embrass:

SLS dinner cancelled ish sad :(

CHECKING IN at 69 as well....

Hi both Billy... alive and kicking lah.. did some paid shoots.. and is a little busy loh. anything just SMS me buddies!

:thumbsup: Thanks buttie...

@ the previous post, Milo buttie is a lil hot... :bsmilie::embrass:

becos ppl neber follow instructions...heng he nvr take a whip...:bsmilie:

Just wanna share the photos that i'll submit for NAPC 2009:

Set 1 - Hanoi
http://febrita.zenfolio.com/img/v0/p643021603-5.jpg

Set 2 - Istanbul
http://febrita.zenfolio.com/img/v2/p587924443-5.jpg

:sweat:... heng ah.. ish de notch putz moi tio camelled peekture.... *SWEAT !!*

Harlo butties

:sweatsm:.. moi ish de gotch loo Nite HDRi etch de cemetery reh... and also HDRi hon moller oso...butz butz... moller ish de betta nose loo lah....rook rike 7th month rike datz... haiz....:sweat::sweat:

:

:sweatsm:.. moi ish de gotch loo Nite HDRi etch de cemetery reh... and also HDRi hon moller oso...butz butz... moller ish de betta nose loo lah....rook rike 7th month rike datz... haiz....:sweat::sweat:

Ish 2 bad 2 hear chiu din not get wad chiu want........yesh HDR on moller at nite ish berry hard 2 do.:sweat:

CHECKING IN at 69 as well....

Hi both Billy... alive and kicking lah.. did some paid shoots.. and is a little busy loh. anything just SMS me buddies!

Fwah,no wonder MIA,i got sms chiu but no reply also....dude chiu this Sunday free?wanna return ur lens to chiu.kekeke......:)

Ish 2 bad 2 hear chiu din not get wad chiu want........yesh HDR on moller at nite ish berry hard 2 do.:sweat:

Hard to do???(understatement)-- My photomattix results sucks big time buttie!
I swear it is really bad.:embrass:
Been reading alot of tutorial on net but it's too confusing to a mortal like me..hehe!
any site where it teaches the processing of tonemapping?
coz i played the buttons/sliders but the result is not pleasing enough like some here and on flickr...

Hard to do???(understatement)-- My photomattix results sucks big time buttie!
I swear it is really bad.:embrass:
Been reading alot of tutorial on net but it's too confusing to a mortal like me..hehe!
any site where it teaches the processing of tonemapping?
coz i played the buttons/sliders but the result is not pleasing enough like some here and on flickr...

try this.
http://www.jaypatelphotography.com/ihdr/ihdr.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.