Tang Shooters CII - TCSS Thread...

butties...i planning to buy a faster auto-focus lens. I have in mind EF-S 17-55 F2.8 and EF 24-105 F4 IS. Both price about the same. Body no change 400D (near future, i dunno. but my heart always tell me FF)....

Any buttie can advice which to get? or anyone can borrow me test test....lol

I see the pricing from www.technogadgets.com.sg look not bad. Any comment on them?

thanks.

hi bro,

I am not very sure if my knowledge is accurate... But, I always thought that AF speed is depending on the camera body, and not on the lens.
The faster the camera can resolve the sharpness in the picture, the faster the AF will be.

if you are seriously looking at faster AF performance, then you should go with 1D series camera body.
1D mark2 or mark3 should be fast enough. price range of a used set is about $2k ~ $3k.

For lens wise, any lens that is USM should be fine.

technically speaking, a F2.8 lens should be able to focus faster then a F4 lens. Because there is more light entering the sensor, and the camera can resolve the picture faster.

Billy.

butties...i planning to buy a faster auto-focus lens. I have in mind EF-S 17-55 F2.8 and EF 24-105 F4 IS. Both price about the same. Body no change 400D (near future, i dunno. but my heart always tell me FF)....

I see the pricing from www.technogadgets.com.sg look not bad. Any comment on them?

thanks.

thanks.

Red rubber band sure AF fast fast! LOL

hi bro,

I am not very sure if my knowledge is accurate... But, I always thought that AF speed is depending on the camera body, and not on the lens.
The faster the camera can resolve the sharpness in the picture, the faster the AF will be.

if you are seriously looking at faster AF performance, then you should go with 1D series camera body.
1D mark2 or mark3 should be fast enough. price range of a used set is about $2k ~ $3k.

For lens wise, any lens that is USM should be fine.

technically speaking, a F2.8 lens should be able to focus faster then a F4 lens. Because there is more light entering the sensor, and the camera can resolve the picture faster.

Billy.

Mashter.....thanks for the reply in such ulu area:bsmilie:. u are right on body but i think the speed on body is not really that big diff.maybe in term of mS. (i think only har, never use those cam before)

My lens all are micro motor only:embrass:, no USM. So when focusing, you can hear the lens turning. some time it take abt 2 sec to get focus. next time i let u try :bsmilie:.

So now i want to find something with USM one.....

bro,

if I let you play with a 100-400mm F4 IS lens on a EOS-1D mark 3, it will definitely makes your mouth open wide... hahaha...

I do agree with you that motor speed doesn't makes a lot of difference. It is the decision factor that makes all the difference here. 1D series camera has more focusing points ( decision point ), which is the key factor to identifying focusing reach or not reach. You will get something like.... completely blur to completely sharp in about 100msec without and noise and I mean "dead sharp" without further movement when focused... no hunting here and there kind of thing... When you are shooting sports , 100msec is not very fast actually, it is about just right... :)

Billy

Mashter.....thanks for the reply in such ulu area:bsmilie:. u are right on body but i think the speed on body is not really that big diff.maybe in term of mS. (i think only har, never use those cam before)

My lens all are micro motor only:embrass:, no USM. So when focusing, you can hear the lens turning. some time it take abt 2 sec to get focus. next time i let u try :bsmilie:.

So now i want to find something with USM one.....

Good morning butties...

mon - thurs anyone arranging jiak bui bui?

:lovegrin: .... Alllooo hall bbbuttie han bbbuttee... dishz F1 car sponsir ish de Canon Serbiz Centre huan... ish de gotch "CSC" big big dare huan....

6188750175_4914debc76_b.jpg

:confused: .. errr.. dishz year, de money lender's wife ish de nose ghost hontu podiumz reh....

6188755779_a77f8f7fbe_z.jpg

dish ish de chimpion... moi tinkz dey ish de kor him Sir ******* Beetle .....

6189272676_b5018b9069_z.jpg

:lovegrin: .. dish seksi Butt Turn ish de phfirst Runner hup ....

6189274620_2ed65357f1_z.jpg

han dish hensum Mark Wear Blur ish de 2nd Runner hup .....:heart:

6189271012_2ab7f7283c_z.jpg

Nice F1 pictures! :)

no horse run :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

nice.....last time i take can see the grille. urs almost cant see....super zoom + shallow DOF?

Superb clarity F1 pics!

But hor..chiu ish using a lens too long..a full length car would be better..