Tamron's new 24-70mm f2.8 VC

Having used and owned the 24-70L (mark 1) and 24-70VC, the Canon is still faster. But what make bought the Tamron is it's weight & VC for F2.8 weather-seal lens
Erm, it isn't really weather sealed. Tamron doesn't claim that anywhere.

FM Reviews - Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 DI VC USD

It stated moisture-resistant construction..

good enuff for me lor and i belif most of the ppl in Singapore. i'm sure it is enuff for bro rodz too! woot woot!

i dun think i need it to be 'snow-sealed', '100m resistant', 'wind sealed' etc.

wahahahahhahaa

i'll just have to be careful and mindful when i'm using it, just like the way I do to my other lenses. some common sense here. :bsmilie:

good enuff for me lor and i belif most of the ppl in Singapore. i'm sure it is enuff for bro rodz too! woot woot!

i dun think i need it to be 'snow-sealed', '100m resistant', 'wind sealed' etc.

wahahahahhahaa

i'll just have to be careful and mindful when i'm using it, just like the way I do to my other lenses. some common sense here. :bsmilie:

Totally agree...even with weather-seal nobody would bring their gears out in a harsh weather condition. Owners will still look after their gears.
:bsmilie:

Totally agree...even with weather-seal nobody would bring their gears out in a harsh weather condition. Owners will still look after their gears.
:bsmilie:

i think can la, goin to find out the price for this lens for nikon mount and the sigma 35, jus like bro rodz. wahahahahahahaha

the price is around S$1.6k (gst included) for Nikon F-mount.

anyone else has a better price? just for comparison's sake, thanks!

Canon mount i got for $1560..i know some bros here got it $1550

Yup, tas the price point. Thanks for sharing bro rodz!

Hi bro Rodz and bro cheese. I've gotten it at $1550 Alan photo funan. Not sure if they have stock for Nikon though..

errr sorry but have to ask..... how is it compare to the sigma one?? :dunno:... built quliaty, IQ, AF speed...

Bro CC, you bought the lens already? If you have not, can check out availability of Sigma 35 1.4 Canon mount & its price when you go buy it? TIA

Bro CC, you bought the lens already? If you have not, can check out availability of Sigma 35 1.4 Canon mount & its price when you go buy it? TIA

ok, currently sigma nikon f-mount no stock. my source in taiwan states that it is for sale there (nikon f-mount) at S$1050. i'll take this amount to be something of a ballpark figure for nikon mount.

din't ask about canon. will do so soon.

eh, this thread wrong la. this one discussing abt tamron. wahahahaha

o.t liao. apologise for that.

ok, currently sigma nikon f-mount no stock. my source in taiwan states that it is for sale there (nikon f-mount) at S$1050. i'll take this amount to be something of a ballpark figure for nikon mount.

din't ask about canon. will do so soon.

eh, this thread wrong la. this one discussing abt tamron. wahahahaha

o.t liao. apologise for that.

LolZ..sorry for the OT..thx CC for the info..its a good guide..

LolZ..sorry for the OT..thx CC for the info..its a good guide..

mux help each other mah, right? you taught me one leh! hehehehe

share more info on pricing and camera/lens review. :cool:

ok thanks. no more o.t from me.

shall wait for my bonus and see if i can buy this lens secretly. :bsmilie:

Anyone who just got the lens care to update price?

According to the threads so far, the cheapest is at Cathay Photo/Alan Photo - $1550 followed by TK Foto - $1560. =]

Last edited:
Hi Guys, has anyone done a real comparison between Tamron 24-70 VC with Canon 24-70 Mk2?

I'm using Canon 5D3 and is wondering if I should spend $2.9K on the canon 24-70 Mk2 or buy Tamron 24-70 VC + Sigma 35 f1.4
Both works out to be about the same cash out.