Tamron VC or Nikkon VR 70-300mm

x0tiq

Sep 29, 2010
I've read lots of reviews from these two 'superzoom' lens.
I did found thread on Tamron 70-300mm VC here but unable to find Nikkor.
Wanted to get either one of these lens before 21 of this month.
I'm leaning towards Tamron cause of its sharpness at 300mm.
Nikkor have that 'focus on' onto moving objects but a tad soft at 300mm

I'd be delighted if someone gives me pointers between these 'superzoom' lens.
thanks ... :)

Where did you read about the Tamron sharpness at 300mm?
As far as i know, it's the softest at 300mm and as much as possible, i wouldn't use it at 300mm unless no choice.

Overall, the Tamron isn't a bad lens, it's just not superb at all and sad to say, it's really not sharp at any focal length if compared to some other lenses

There is actually a review in the May issue of a magazine that reviews all these 70-300 lenses and the Nikkor one is the best ahead of the Tamron.

I cannot compare these two lenses as I don't think I am qualified enough to do it. But I have the 70-300 Nikon VR II lens for the past few days and must say that it is one hell of a lens for the price - well worth it. You won't regret buying it - just go ahead!

I cannot compare these two lenses as I don't think I am qualified enough to do it. But I have the 70-300 Nikon VR II lens for the past few days and must say that it is one hell of a lens for the price - well worth it. You won't regret buying it - just go ahead!

@ kansatish - can you post samples from nikkor 70-300mm ... thanks
One more thing. Are you DX or FX user ?

@ kansatish - can you post samples from nikkor 70-300mm ... thanks
One more thing. Are you DX or FX user ?

why dun u search for reviews in google for the nikon 70-300 vr? i bet these reviews will definitely haf sample images for u to pixel peep all u like.

why dun u search for reviews in google for the nikon 70-300 vr? i bet these reviews will definitely haf sample images for u to pixel peep all u like.

I've already did. I just want to see others ... :)