Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical Field Test

For the zoom more than 200mm, did you use tripod?

no i did not, there is VC on this lens but i did not use it
as strangely it did not work on my camera/or i don't know how to use it.

but i need to say i am trained in the old ways without hi tech solutions, so i can hand hold my camera to quite slow shutter speeds ;)

Last edited:
Hi recently I am using tamron lens 70-300 f4-5.6 and 17-50 f2.8. My first lens is 70-300 and its works well in day light and at night its comes out ghosting immage and even the christmas tree comes up in picture in shadow up side down.on lens printed assemble in china. But I quite OK with 17-50 off course its quite porpular too. Obviously there are much different quality in each lens. in 18 -270 mm did u test at night shoot?

i did not do a shot at night, but here is one that is quite dark

DSC_9107.jpg

no VC or tripod either

I like many of the photos you have taken in Korea. Beautfully taken!

yes I did use tri pod. there is immage ghosting. For example if u shoot the car two front light if your tele zoom is not good enought enought you will be see the 4 light insted of 2. others 2 extra . I want to post my foto with that problem but I don't know how to uploade yet I m new here.:)

i believe that it may be due to your filter, try another shot without the filter

anyway there is a sticky on the newbies forum

Forum-related FAQs and Other Useful Info for Newbies

there is a link with detailed instructions to posting images

Hi
I just wondering why soo popular of 70-200 range in photography instead of 70 -300. Also the price is much difference. I realize 200 mm is for birds and for zoo is still far away even 300 mm at sg buloh water land Im still far from birds. The canon 70-200 f4 is much expensive than 70-300. I am just new in photography too I need helps form you guys.

Hi
I just wondering why soo popular of 70-200 range in photography instead of 70 -300. Also the price is much difference. I realize 200 mm is for birds and for zoo is still far away even 300 mm at sg buloh water land Im still far from birds. The canon 70-200 f4 is much expensive than 70-300. I am just new in photography too I need helps form you guys.

I think basically fixed aperture lens are much more expensive than variable ones. 70-200 is F4 while 70-300 is F4.5 to 5 or 6.5.

I think it is a physical impossibility (unless one wants to bring a cannon out) to make 70-300 fixed aperture.

PS: Kindly correct me if I am wrong...

I think basically fixed aperture lens are much more expensive than variable ones. 70-200 is F4 while 70-300 is F4.5 to 5 or 6.5.

I think it is a physical impossibility (unless one wants to bring a cannon out) to make 70-300 fixed aperture.

PS: Kindly correct me if I am wrong...
Thanks for ur info bro. Basically i love to shoot animals especially birds. I am planing to get 300mm + lens. Now im using tam 70-300 ,IQ not sharp and slow focus hunt and for the small birds i still need to closer. So I am thinking about in sigma, 70-200 f2.8 no OS with 2X TC or another option is 50-500 f end at 6.3 no OS. There is 2 option . For 1st option good point is without 2X i can shoot 2.8 at 200mm. Please advice me. Thanks

What can I say .. a truly all rounder lens ... awesome pics taken :)
I am planning to get one .. anything to check for this lens

1. Smoothness in zooming
2. Try to take oic at diff focal dist
3 ...... anything I miss out especially for this 18-270 .

Appreciated.

please don't OT in this thread, you can start a new thread on your topic

Mr Ortega,

Kindly advise - I am a newbee but thinking of buying a "good" DSLR camera. I was looking at Nikon 300 with 18-200mm or Canon 50D.

What is your advise?. Nikon or Canon better.

Thanks

P.s. is it true that Nikon launching thier D400 soon? should i wait for this?

Mr Ortega,

Beautiful photos - u must be very good and experience. So appreciate some advice.

Kindly advise - I am a newbee but thinking of buying a "good" DSLR camera. I was looking at Nikon 300 with 18-200mm or Canon 50D.

What is your advise?. Nikon or Canon better.

Thanks

P.s. is it true that Nikon launching thier D400 soon? should i wait for this?

I prefer the nikon system, but both brands make good cameras
don't know anything about the D400 but i don't think so

I use a D80 myself

DSC_9504.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Hi Ortega,
nice pictures and thanks for sharing..:thumbsup:
can tell us how's the AF in real life usage? read about slow in AF in the review in other website..(that's the things bother me a bit to go ahead with this..)

I'm considering between this and the Nikon 18-200VR..

Thanks in advance.. blessings.

everyone's expectations are different, best bet is to go to the shops and try it out for yourself,
i shoot slow, so i do not have problems with the speed of the AF

been craving for this lens for a while now... but no one selling it at the forum... running out of time, going bangkok and intend to use this. Even wants to sell my kit lens and my tele lens to subsidize this lens... Anyone selling?

been craving for this lens for a while now... but no one selling it at the forum... running out of time, going bangkok and intend to use this. Even wants to sell my kit lens and my tele lens to subsidize this lens... Anyone selling?

Why not just get it new?
The last i was quoted by CP $875.00 before GST.
Still plenty of stocks left at the Marina branch.