Tamron 70-200mm 2.8 pentax mount review

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP qouted me S$1,300 for this lens... any comments on the price..

they have pentax mount ?? if u ask is it the correct price, i think should be ~1200 range or less, if u ask it is worth it then subjective i think... for that price the 50-135 is better but of course APC and shorter...

its a hard decison, so i decide to skip...:bsmilie:

Would the DA*200mm be an alternative instead of this 70-200 or the 80-200?

Try the weight and size before you decide if that is what you want. Think there are the ones from other mount around.

I took a sigma 70-200 (its slightly heavier than the tamron) in my hands and I have serious doubts if I will use it often enough to justify the price....but who knows when LBA strikes.

Cathay photo :

$1,377.00 (without GST)

OP :

$1,300 (GST included)

My Lens finally arrived just now.. here are some sample photo i took.

And Yes the AF is slow. but the IQ is superb..
The lens is having trouble to look for AF point when there is not enough light on the subject

I ordered my lens @ ebay in one of the Japanese Ebay Stores, meaning the warranty is from japan.

I got mine at $1,300 SGD including the shipment.

I will do an outdoor test tomorrow.

3004812975_88df2a8620.jpg

3005646214_a688c3b086.jpg

3004800983_2d1dd5a236.jpg

Last edited:
congrats!
thats one great piece of glass you have.
fyi, there has been a little discussion here,
thought I would just share the link so that others can benefit from your great results from this glass.
imo, this lens is superb! if not for the lack of SWM/HSM, this glass is clearly a winner!

thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:

P3ntx,
same with me, that is the reason why i decided to get this lens, because of the IQ...

Congrats Alvin. The Tamron 70-200 is an excellent lens by most reviewers. I'd have hard time choosing between it and the new Sigma if I didn't have the Pentax version ...

Status
Not open for further replies.