Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 Di III RXD Lens for Sony E

Weiwu Lah

Apr 9, 2012
Singapore
Tried this lens at SLR Revolution hands on session :)

The lens felt light and compact, and focuses fairly quickly. I tried the 24-70 GM before, the GM is slightly faster compared to this. But wow, this lens is significantly lighter!

SLR Revolution is having a Pre-order promotion.. $1428 for the lens with free UV filter :) Grab it if you feel this lens works for you! I'll wait first for the price to drop, hahaha...

Sharing some images taken with this lens on my A7 III:

FOV of 28mm:

FOV 28 by Weiwulah, on Flickr

FOV of 75mm:

FOV 75 by Weiwulah, on Flickr

28mm F2.8, MFD:

75mm 28mm 2 8 A by Weiwulah, on Flickr

75mm F2.8, MFD:

75mm 2 8 B by Weiwulah, on Flickr

75mm, F2.8:

Close 75mm 2 8 by Weiwulah, on Flickr

F4:

Close 75mm 4 by Weiwulah, on Flickr

F5.6:

Close 75mm 5 6 by Weiwulah, on Flickr

F8:

Close 75mm 8 by Weiwulah, on Flickr

F11: (Sorry I didn't realise my ISO was 8000... )

Close 75mm 11 by Weiwulah, on Flickr

Based on my first impression, 75mm seems a bit soft. Not sure whether it's user error or what. I'll wait for the professional reviews to be out first ;)

Hope this info is useful! :D

Cheers,

Weiwu

Similar thoughts I had after trying it other day. Focus in video mode is also quite snappy. Only problem is the price here. 799 USD vs 1428 SGD. Guess that has been the case always.

Reactions: ziggy
SGD1428 is almost USD1080 or 35% more than the US. Shriro's pricing a bit too optimistic, no?

The huge price gap is a big turn off. Close to $400 differences. Is this normal ?

The huge price gap is a big turn off. Close to $400 differences. Is this normal ?

Well even with such a huge difference, the preorder is good and the first batch of stocks cannot fulfil the preorder. Was told by a shop to wait till Jul after all preorder has been fulfilled.

So those have got their hands on it, how is it? I did a quick test during the hand on session and find that it wasn’t sharp wider open at 28mm and 75mm. Read some others feedback online with similar obeservations and it is only sharp on the mid range and stop down to F4.

Focus issues are confirmed but Tamron says can be fixed via firmware update via camera body.
Ordered mine from B&H but still status still backordered. After shipping and GST will still be cheaper than the current local price.

Focus issues are confirmed but Tamron says can be fixed via firmware update via camera body.
Ordered mine from B&H but still status still backordered. After shipping and GST will still be cheaper than the current local price.

Hi, do share how you went about ordering it from B&H :) Seems like a pretty good option! So US set means no local warranty right?

Saw few camera shops in JB advertising selling lens @ US prices....around S$1.1k