Tamron 180 Macro or Sigma 180 Macro Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steplim

May 11, 2005
One North
Hi

Again the old boring thread on which lense is better and so forth, but this is the situation I am really in now where I need to make a correct decision on which lense to buy after CNY.:)

I am looking for better optics, picture quality, less distortion, less CA etc.
I know that there are many forum on Sigma and Tamron in separate forum but not a direct comparison between the two.

Hope to get good feedbacks from all users of these 2 lense.:)

40 views and no one had used these 2 lens before? Care to commend?

I have used both before. The Sigma gives slightly warmer colour tones. The Tamron has outstanding saturation and colours. Its also slightly sharper (but not by much).

Between the two, I would pick the Tamron.

Sample from the Sigma:
striped_black_crow_01.jpg

Sample from the Tamron:
chestnut_bob_01.jpg

Thanks Garion for your reply.

The warm look of Stripe Black Crow is super. :thumbsup:

Since you had used S180 and T180 before, do you find the S180 extra HSM, Silent motor and AF useful?

Is the external coating starts to peel after some time?
I am using S105 and the external coating has started to peel.. very ugly looking although not affecting optics quality.:)

hi steplim do you mind sharing the price of this lens looking for macro also thanks

hi steplim do you mind sharing the price of this lens looking for macro also thanks

You can actually do a search at Canon subforum for latest updates on prices.

Latest check was T180 around $1200 and S180 around $1400.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Why there are so many views but so few Csr use these lense or care to give comments in this Tamron/Sigma/Tokina subforum?

You can actually do a search at Canon subforum for latest updates on prices.

Latest check was T180 around $1200 and S180 around $1400.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Why there are so many views but so few Csr use these lense or care to give comments in this Tamron/Sigma/Tokina subforum?

Hi Steplim

The price of the market price of the sigma should be slightly cheaper than Tamron.

I would suggust Tamron 180mm, the reason of my choice that Tamron 180 is proven very sharp, lightweight and the Tamron lens built and QC is much better than Sigma.

After sale service of Tamron is also much better than Sigma.

Cheers

Hi Steplim

The price of the market price of the sigma should be slightly cheaper than Tamron.

I would suggust Tamron 180mm, the reason of my choice that Tamron 180 is proven very sharp, lightweight and the Tamron lens built and QC is much better than Sigma.

After sale service of Tamron is also much better than Sigma.

Cheers

Thanks Yan Leong,
I have checked with MSC, S180 is more expansive than T180. Sigma has HSM which AF silently...... But Kind of prefer T180 for better optics.

thanks...... have a Happy and Prosperous Lunar New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.