Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 Di II LD Aspherical IF SP AF or Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 DC Macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

lestatq

Dec 14, 2006
Yishun
How does these two lenses compare against each other? :think:
17-70mm is a better focal reach, then again 17-50mm has a constant 2.8 f/
Seems that both are quite close in terms of IQ
I am finding hard to decide between the two. :dunno:
Would greatly appreciate feedback and advice from fellow CSers!!:) :sweat:

Price-wise, how much does these two go for respectively?

Thanks a million!:D

Thanks iboey:) , I will do so, but would like to have some feedback from anyone who have these lenses;does anyone have any info on the price of the 17-70mm and does anyone own this lens?

In my opinion, an extra 20mm wont help much. but a constant 2.8 is very helpful.

Any opinions of the macro abilities of these two lens?:)

personally, id take a constant F2.8 over extra 20mm, any day of the week, and twice on sunday.

the tamron is also a very sharp performer.

Any opinions of the macro abilities of these two lens?:)

Take note. It's not an actual macro (1:1 ratio) lens. You can find out about their magnification ratio and minimum focusing distance from the product sites.

Checkout my Flickr link below. All shots taken with the Sigma 17-70 Macro! :kiss:

2.8 is great. Having the extra 20mm is also great too.
I shoot people alot, so sticking my lens onto their face can be threatening! :bsmilie: That's where the 20mm comes in handy.

It all boils down to your usage pattern.

I hope the lens mfr will come out with something like 17-100 Macro F2.8 version! I sure will buy one! :lovegrin:

I hope the lens mfr will come out with something like 17-100 Macro F2.8 version! I sure will buy one! :lovegrin:

No need 17-100 macro. Just make it a f/2.8 constant 17-70 and i will snap it up! QC must improve and price must go down also. :bsmilie:

hi, i got myself the Tamron, great piece of glass! no regret, love it! it's sharp and a fast as it's "real brother" nikon, 17-55mm. considering for just a third of the nikon price. cheers!:D

I would definitely go for the constant aperture. Simply love 2.8 lens.

No horse run....;) ;)

*sigh* 17-70mm f/2.8 would have been perfectly great:(

Status
Not open for further replies.