Tammy 18-270 PZD..

mind sharing how much you paid for the lens?

2 more :)
\
f3.5 1s handheld iso1600 d5k 18mm
d5kf351sechandheldiso160018mm.jpg

any sharpening? you sure have steady hands :thumbsup: :)

minimal post-processing. elbows on balcony railing :)

Any VC issue with this lens?

Some websites report that pictures are blurred when VC is activated.

HKD$5300=SGD$884 buy in Hong Kong.
DDE selling $1017
Any where selling cheaper than Hong Kong?

artworkfoto 900

artworkfoto 900

just check with them, yes, $900 cash! with in-house 1 year warranty. lowest price in SG so far.

where is artwork foto? i thought lenses have international warranty.

Just got it from Alan photo, quoted 1060 compared to cathay's 1115.

Pros: Can barely hear the mechanisms working, really quiet.
Awesome zoom range.
Light and compact.

Cons: When using liveview, takes about 3-5 seconds to get the subject locked on.
Image quality not as good as an L lens.
Made in china.
Distortion quite obvious @18mm compared to kit lenses.

Other than that, it's a pretty good lens. Recommended for those looking for a travel lens and a 'does all you need' lens.
Cheers :)

thanks for answering the artworkfoto question.

i thought the liveview was a function of the body and not the lens. anyway, is this available for the a-mount? is it better than the sony 18-250 one?

Just got it from Alan photo, quoted 1060 compared to cathay's 1115.

$1060 is Tamron warranty? how many years?
$900 Artworkfoto is only in-house warranty...

Just bought this lens from Brisbane Australia for AUD$647 & it comes with 5 years Tamron Australia Warranty.

there's a Camera shop in Orchard road beside 313 sells this B008 model for Sony mount about $900.

Cowseye said:
Smells like a grey set

Remember Sony mount lenses do not come with VC as all stabilization is all done in camera body.

So very possible that it is cheaper.

Remember Sony mount lenses do not come with VC as all stabilization is all done in camera body.

So very possible that it is cheaper.

Interesting that they shave price off the same lens for different mount. I guess probably it's becos I never research into other brands other than nikon and canon.

My Tamron 18-270mm PZD mounted on Canon EOS1100D.
P1020501.jpg

P1020504.jpg

VC works well if you are shooting with handhold. With tripod, somehow it also works when shooting during the daytime but definitely it has to be switched off if shooting at low light....Well, some may say that as long as it is on tripod, VC should be 'OFF' as advocate by manuals, professional magazines etc....BUT no harm trying to shoot some photos during daytime, zoom in and see for yourself and let me know...By the way, enable mirror lock and use at least 2 sec timer to eliminate residue shake...