talent scouters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its quite ridiculous these scouts at MRT stations etc. I'm not even good looking, just reading my newspaper also got approached. Definitely they're selling u a course etc etc not really offering u jobs.

Do modelling agencies like Mannequin and Elite make models pay for 'training' before jobs are given to them, or does it happen only with the small and conjob modelling agencies?

they teach yes, but at a fee that those girls have to pay. After all, they are running a BUSINESS. Wadever can get $$$ into their pockets. Doesn't matter whether those girls end up modelling for them. Of cos SOME (v few i heard) do end up modelling. Most just get turned away after the course which they paid for. Mission accomplished, lock on new target.

isn't that the same as taking a degree with a commercial school or for that matter even NUS. What they teaches you are outdated the moment you walk out of their doors.

If the 'agencies' do up a nice portfolio for the talents and do not bound them, I think it's fair. If they are bounded for 1-2 yrs and yet do not get jobs, it's slavery.

just sharing my exp .Back 2 years ago.

heard abt i - models.
Went down.
Told me to bring a photo.back den .didnt have one.

so brought down one of my neoprints.
suprisingly ,it's nt individual but with my fren
yet they accepted.
they say just need a record.

and told me to pay for portfolio.
Have restrains -didnt wanted to pay.
they kept on persuading i even say i no cash.
they say nvm!

We ACCEPT NETS!!
Lols
So to stop them being so loso.
i Made a payement of 10 bucks only!

So for the following year or so.
they kept calling asking me down to complete the payement so they can outsource nicer pics to company.Which i think most likely to be a scam.

So girls out there.
I dun think it is advisable. =D

Sweets! =D=D

Status
Not open for further replies.