taking macro shots... advise pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

elimmel

Dec 11, 2003
Kovan
Visit site
hi all

i have a minolta dimage z1 camera with a giottos pro series wide angle lens 52mm (double up as a macro lens when wide angle part removed) attached via an adapter.

when taking macro shots using the macro lens, it's still not close enough. when i zoom in further, very difficult to focus (macro mode is auto focus right?).

is it because my macro lens is not "close-up" enough? any lens to recommend? the camera thread is 45mm and the adapter is a 45-52mm

need some advise on how to take sharp and close macro shots :)

sorry if my questions abit stupid cos i'm a photo taking newbie :embrass:

Ok, i am not into macro, but prehaps jus some point to help:
1. each lens have it minium focusing distance, check the spec of your Z1 and you will know how near it can focus. prehaps you are moving in clopser then the minium focus distance if you had difficulty having it to AF.

2. For macro shots, mount your cam onto a tripod and shoot using a cable release or if you dun have one, put on self timer mode.

upz for you and maybe some macro shooter can help.

cheers.

elimmel said:
hi all

i have a minolta dimage z1 camera with a giottos pro series wide angle lens 52mm (double up as a macro lens when wide angle part removed) attached via an adapter.

when taking macro shots using the macro lens, it's still not close enough. when i zoom in further, very difficult to focus (macro mode is auto focus right?).

is it because my macro lens is not "close-up" enough? any lens to recommend? the camera thread is 45mm and the adapter is a 45-52mm

need some advise on how to take sharp and close macro shots :)

sorry if my questions abit stupid cos i'm a photo taking newbie :embrass:

never try on giottos macro lens but I think it works more like a closeup +2, +3 or +4 filters. Set your minolta dimage z1 to full zoom , turn off macro mode , focus the object abt a distance of 18 to 25cm away. Try to move the camera forward and backward to focus as the DOF is shallow.

maybe you try to take a pic of a ruler.

Status
Not open for further replies.