Take off battery when not in use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamchew85

Jan 2, 2009
is it necessary to do so?

I don't think it is necessary unless you are not using it for a really long time...

i dont think its neccessary to remove the batteries, but just dont forget to put it back in when you're using! :bsmilie:

but personally, i remove batteries from my camera and flash when im storing them.. :think:

I dun bother to remove. In fact, you should discharge the Li-ion batteries to about 50% before storing them. Prolongs their lifespan. I have mentioned this before in previous posts regards to batteries.

you need the battery to constantly charge the smaller battery in the body to retain the dates info etc...

anyway I prefer to have a full or well charge battery in the body so whenever there's a last minute shoot I just grab my bag, put in body and some lenses and GO!

if not must wait a few hours to charge :(

you need the battery to constantly charge the smaller battery in the body to retain the dates info etc...

anyway I prefer to have a full or well charge battery in the body so whenever there's a last minute shoot I just grab my bag, put in body and some lenses and GO!

if not must wait a few hours to charge :(

i dun think u need to leave the camera batt in your camera for the smaller batt to retain the dates :think:

personally, i have removed camera batt from camera for weeks with no differences.... and helps to prevent any chance (however rare) that the batt may leak or discharge on its own within the camera.....i believe most electronic items advise to remove the batt if not using for prolong periods due to this reason....

agree with godzilla60,
i remove my batts when i keep my camera and flashes,
you'll never know if the batt is gonna give way and leak =x

Absolutely should not leave batteries in camera or flash.Don't take chances you'll never
know.

i leave batteries constantly in the camera body, which can be untouched in the dry cabinet for weeks to months (often months). for the past 3 years, there is no issue so far.

I leave the Li-ion battery in camera for few weeks and up to 3 months but removed AA batteries from flash for storing as higher risk of battery leaking. Generally if the Li-Ion battery is relatively new within a year, it should be quite safe to leave it in the camera. Otherwise very troublesome to remove and insert whenever you need to use the camera.

I leave the battery in the camera but not in my flash.... :)

i did the reverse.. i remove the batteries from the flash but not the cam..
I think both meant the same thing. Camera Li-ion batteries are safe to leave in the camera although it is better to remove them if you are not using it for a long time (>3 months).
Always take out non-rechargeable batteries (e.g. alkaline). If it leaks, it may damage your circuit board or corrode the contacts.

It is alright to keep your battery in you camera but NEVER IN ur FLASH!!!!
It will leak and cause your flash to disfunction..!
Happened to me once and sent it for repair and
the nikon people strongly encourage me to always take out my aa batteries when not using flash..!

HEED THIS!

I wonder would you lose the date & time if you remove the battery from your camera over a prolong period?:think:

depends on how long is that period..

generally that backup batt will use up its power, though at a very slow rate....so there is a chance the date/time will need to be set again after years of non-use. that is unless your camera has the seiko kinetic technology or some solar technology or something......:bsmilie:

depends on how long is that period..

generally that backup batt will use up its power, though at a very slow rate....so there is a chance the date/time will need to be set again after years of non-use. that is unless your camera has the seiko kinetic technology or some solar technology or something......:bsmilie:

I wonder does the 450D have a backup battery? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.