Take chances to purchase water lens from HK

LightsOn

May 2, 2010
Will be going there and have read the guide provided by some kind comrades here. But just wondering how many bros/sis here purchased the Water lenses in HK knowing that they do not come with SG/HK warranty. Yes, I know it is cheaper but so far for those that bought them, no complaints? :sweat:

Any advise? To go at least with the HK warranty or the Water version?

Will be going there and have read the guide provided by some kind comrades here. But just wondering how many bros/sis here purchased the Water lenses in HK knowing that they do not come with SG/HK warranty. Yes, I know it is cheaper but so far for those that bought them, no complaints? :sweat:

Any advise? To go at least with the HK warranty or the Water version?

What are water lenses?

I have the exact same sentiments as TS here... since now Canon doesnt provide intl warranty, i was thinking even i pay more for the local set also have no use for me. I might as well pay lesser for a grey set there, since my main aim of buying there is for the cheap prices...

I have the exact same sentiments as TS here... since now Canon doesnt provide intl warranty, i was thinking even i pay more for the local set also have no use for me. I might as well pay lesser for a grey set there, since my main aim of buying there is for the cheap prices...

Sorry for not sharing the sentiments here...but just my thought: because Canon now dun have international warranty, isn't it better to get it locally with local warranty? I think the difference is by a few hundred (which is quite alot..)...but travelling to HK also cost abt the same..

not sure if anyone can share why one will prefer to buy in HK/MY?

Depending on the lens you buy. Some lens are so much cheaper that after paying for the air tickets + hotel, you still save a few hundred dollars.

Depending on the lens you buy. Some lens are so much cheaper that after paying for the air tickets + hotel, you still save a few hundred dollars.

oic...Didn't thought that the price diff will be this big...

oic...Didn't thought that the price diff will be this big...

I was just looking at the prices on the website of one of the major camera stores in HK... Tin Cheung. Take a look at the website to get an idea of how much camera bodies and lenses cost in HK.

http://www.tincheungcamera.com.hk/category/1

Whilst most lenses and bodies are indeed somewhat cheaper than those sold by authorised Canon dealers in Singapore, you have to balance that with the fact that you effectively have no warranty coverage and no recourse should you happen to get a defective product.. And certain lenses are known to have QC issues.

that will depend on the user whether is it more important to save some money or do not want to have headache when the body/lenses need to be repaired..

that will depend on the user whether is it more important to save some money or do not want to have headache when the body/lenses need to be repaired..

*touchwood* if the lens no problem, everything is sweet lar....else erm, CSC usual charges...(maintenance + labor cost + spare parts etc...), Correct me if i'm wrong, CSC Singapore repairs any canon lens/body bought from any country as long as it's Canon ?

*touchwood* if the lens no problem, everything is sweet lar....else erm, CSC usual charges...(maintenance + labor cost + spare parts etc...), Correct me if i'm wrong, CSC Singapore repairs any canon lens/body bought from any country as long as it's Canon ?

Yes, they will just charge accordingly as a out of warranty set..

Actually there is no difference, but I personally prefer to go Broadway or Foretress in HK.

Tin cheung has two shops (tst and mk) and they sell quite a lot of grey sets. Price is competitive and I personally prefer the service at the mk shop.

Sorry for not sharing the sentiments here...but just my thought: because Canon now dun have international warranty, isn't it better to get it locally with local warranty? I think the difference is by a few hundred (which is quite alot..)...but travelling to HK also cost abt the same..

not sure if anyone can share why one will prefer to buy in HK/MY?

erm, for example a 24-70L is about $22xx in SG but it only cost $16xx in HK. for that difference, you are more than enough to buy a return tix (which in my case, cost $222). and so far all my things have not encountered any problems in their 1st year of usage, hence paying ard $500 more for 1 year of warranty doesnt seem to be logical to me... besides, even if there is any thing wrong with the lens, like small issues such as calibration and all, i can always pay for them and yet the lens is still cheaper than SG's version... so... why not???

I kinda agree with evilorgi