Taj Mahal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ah_Seng

Apr 8, 2003
Land of the woods........
Sharing a picture from my recent trip. Any pointers will be greatly appreciated. :D

Taj_Mahal.jpg

wow!
looks kinda surreal! but would prefer that the black cloud not be there.

only gripe, seems a bit noisy

Thanks wainism.:)

Image was scanned from film. I just did the noise>despeckle, don't know if its better now...

I like the dark clouds ... it add to the mood somehow.

Ah_Seng said:
Sharing a picture from my recent trip. Any pointers will be greatly appreciated. :D

QUOTE]

Seems like you went to the other side of the river at the back to take this photo. How did you get there? I was in Taj Mahal recently and the 8 hours drive (to&fro) from Gurgaon is damn shiong...

Quite a nice moment you have capture of Taj Mahal, not the usual front we seen often.

Perhaps you can shift yourself more to the left side of the bank of the stream to capture this.
Go for longer exposure time to get the stream more silky like~
or try this in photoshop.

Edited
tm.jpg

Cheers and keep shooting~

Thanks kitkat, Crazyframe, urban & rasoma22 for taking the time to pen your thoughts.:D

Urban, i had taken a rowing boat to cross the river. Takes less than 15mins. 50Rps both way.
The boatman dropped me at the opp bank and picked me up after sunset.

Did you overdo the dodging in PS? Somehow the lighting seems uneven and a little unnatura...Hmm, I can't really put my finger on it though. Hmm...maybe it's just me:think:

retrospect said:
Did you overdo the dodging in PS? Somehow the lighting seems uneven and a little unnatura...Hmm, I can't really put my finger on it though. Hmm...maybe it's just me:think:

Well, not a single bit of dodging was done. It was lighted naturally by the setting sun.;)
Thanks for your comments...:D

this is indeed a refreshing view of the Taj. Glad you had this during the magical hours instead of the typical boring tourist sunny holiday photos.

how did you save the file? the building lacks sharpness and clarity.

this would be a cracking shot had you included the boat & boatman in the foreground or perhaps waited for the wind to subside for a Taj's reflection.

All said, this is one scene I wish I were there! But, sadly I wasn't quite invited.....

So, please share more!

Nice shot! I think it would hav been nicer had the sky been filled with the wild colours of the sunset...

Nice shots...a very different view of Taj Mahal. Did you use the Shadows and Highlights to enhance the picture?

Thanks jas, tkdwhiz1188 & aperture for your comments.:D

Jas, the file is in jpg format after scanning. That boatman "abandoned" me after sending me across, so no boat & boatman to shoot.......:bsmilie: Pai seh lah....never invite you but if you're going, i would recommend staying at the Hotel Kamal, which is 15mins walk to the crossing pt. Otherwise, those auto-rickshaw drivers will try to get you to take their vehicle to go to the opposite bank and charge you 200Rps.

tkdwhiz1188, the direction i'm facing is the south-east, hence difficult to include the wild colors of sunset.;)

aperture, i had curved the picture abit in PS. But did not used the Shadows and Highlights function.:)

Nice shot...but it would be better if the black cloud is not there...it's kind of not synchronize with the mood of the scene...but still a nice angle shot...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.