Taiwan

shawntim

Feb 13, 2002
Hi hi,

I'll be going on a free and easy trip to Taipei with wife at end of the year for about a week. Would like to get advice from brothers here.

1) Are there any good places / timings to recommend where I can get some good shots? Since its free and easy I'm able to travel to more places.
I've seen brochures but I'm getting the impression there's alot of night markets.. stalls of lots of produce and delicious hawker fare.. not sure if that's it?

2) I have a 7D with 24 f1.4 II, 85 f1.8, 40 f2.8 and a Tokina 11-16. I'm thinking of leaving all the primes at home and take the 11-16, and rent a 24-70 to bring along the trip. or should i get the 24-105?

3) Should I need to bring flash and tripod? I'm not that keen in flash as I'm not keen in the additional batteries, wire, weight management during the trip.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Just went Taipei last month, using only a loan set of Tamron 17-50 non VC from my friend, 95% of the time. Only few times I change to my kit lens 18-105 due to the longer range needed.
There are quite a no of night markets around with tons of street food. I brought my tripod but never use it, I use onboard flash when needed.

Places to recommend, 九份, 淡水(老街,红毛城,渔人码头), 阳明山, 士林夜市, 师大夜市, 101大厦, 中正纪念堂,故宫,西门町

wow thanks much for the tips! sorry I replied so late, was bogged down with work. :)