Tagging Along To Learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

the mac 13

May 22, 2005
Yew Tee
Hello,

If you have any shoot between this week and next week, I would like to tag along to learn.

Irregardless of wedding, sports, events, etc, I would love to tag along to shoot.

No need to get paid, since I am following to learn.

Currently have a
- Canon 300D w kit lens
- Canon 420EX Flash
- 1GB CF card
- 2 EastGear batteries

Please PM me all your "offers"

Thanks All!

I actually just want to experience more types of real life photography, not really built up portfolio. But hey if I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone, why not?

join the macro shoot to experience macros
join the birding shoot to experience birding
join the model shoots to experience shooting models

or the best is to get a job as an assistant, you get paid too you know
can buy more toys withthe money you earn

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

the mac 13 said:
I actually just want to experience more types of real life photography, not really built up portfolio. But hey if I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone, why not?

erm... sorry if i sound like a wet towel. really admire ur desire to learn. however, if u have very little experience in 'real life photography' (watever dat meant), perhaps its not a good idea to tag along another working photographer cos u might end up getting in their way during the shooting. besides, during the shoot itself (events, wedding etc...), the photographer u are tagging along will have very little time to coach u on the ins-and-outs of shooting. trust me... i PA a wedding photographer b4 (who's also my fren) cos i was like u, wanting to learn some techniques. ended up we were so busy dat he din even have much time to talk to me, while i tried my very best not to get in his way... after all, he's the guy getting paid to take DAT shot, not me.

so, why not conside taking up ortega's suggestion and go on any of those organised shoots to hone ur style and techniques? u need to get ur basics rite b4 u offer ur help to other photogs. ;)

NW75 is right,

You will not learn anything other than experincing the event. Why not go for courses to learn th specifics? I recommend SLCC, check out their course. They are pretty hands-on people, so you will learn alot from them and their actual day wedding course includes attachment to their pro photographers after the course! That is for practice more than learning.

I actually have 2 years plus experience in shooting school event.

School's out=no event to shoot, hence hustling for someone to "accept" me for their shoot.

I now have the equipment from school and I want to make good use of it.

While I am still looking for offers, I am now looking at the outing.

Thanks all.

the mac 13 said:
I actually have 2 years plus experience in shooting school event.

School's out=no event to shoot, hence hustling for someone to "accept" me for their shoot.

I now have the equipment from school and I want to make good use of it.

While I am still looking for offers, I am now looking at the outing.

Thanks all.

If you're just tagging along a pro to learn and observe, you'll have to keep your cam at home.

Otherwise, bring your cam, join the outings, at least they're meant to be enjoyable and stress-free.

Status
Not open for further replies.