[Tachyon] Night Safari @ ISO 12,800 handheld

Tachyon

Apr 6, 2007
Didn't want to drag my tripod with me, and decided to enjoy the trip rather than making it into a photography outing! So off I went with just one body, one lens (24-105mm f/4) and pumped up the ISO to 12,800 max. No flash allowed in Night Safari so all were taken 'as is' handheld.

#1:
NightSafari-6383.jpg

#2:
NightSafari-6384.jpg

#3:
NightSafari-6419.jpg

Last edited:
#4:
NightSafari-6450.jpg

#5:
NightSafari-6479.jpg

#6:
NightSafari-6492.jpg

#7:
NightSafari-6495.jpg

#8:
NightSafari-6514.jpg

#9:
NightSafari-6534.jpg

Really nice pictures~! :thumbsup:

#10:
NightSafari-6436.jpg

#11:
NightSafari-6445.jpg

#12:
NightSafari-6579.jpg

very nice! U did wonders with a F4 Lens at the night safari. 1D4?

very nice! U did wonders with a F4 Lens at the night safari. 1D4?

Unfortunately, I had to resort to that (1D4)!

Didn't want to drag my tripod with me, and decided to enjoy the trip rather than making it into a photography outing! So off I went with just one body, one lens (24-105mm f/4) and pumped up the ISO to 12,800 max. No flash allowed in Night Safari so all were taken 'as is' handheld.

#1:
NightSafari-6383.jpg

#2:
NightSafari-6384.jpg

#3:
NightSafari-6419.jpg
Nice pic....
What cam you use??

:thumbsup: nice shots.

I have been to the night safari recently too... and I totally give up... :bsmilie:
1D4 is indeed impressive :thumbsup:

thanks for sharing
Billy

:thumbsup: nice shots.

I have been to the night safari recently too... and I totally give up... :bsmilie:
1D4 is indeed impressive :thumbsup:

thanks for sharing
Billy

Thanks Billy!

I visited Night Safari few years back with my 40D. I left with only blurred or extremely grainy underexposed shots. :embrass:

impressive, makes me wanna buy D3S.. (dream on..)
hehe.. (nikon user here!)
nice pics! #3 is my fav..

#10 is nice, but better if you had your tripod, then use lower ISO, which will be stunning!
but, yeah, it is a hassle especially if you wanna enjoy the trip with your loved ones!

cheers!

Last edited:
impressive, makes me wanna buy D3S.. (dream on..)
hehe.. (nikon user here!)
nice pics! #3 is my fav..

#10 is nice, but better if you had your tripod, then use lower ISO, which will be stunning!
but, yeah, it is a hassle especially if you wanna enjoy the trip with your loved ones!

cheers!

Thanks! Being a landscape shooter, I always have my tripod with me in the car. But I did not bring it along with me and when I saw this scene, I wanted to try it without the tripod... well, maybe next time! :)