Tabletop tripod for a DSLR

UncleFai

Mar 10, 2010
Singapore
Hi folks

Any good recommendation for a tabletop/mini tripod capable of handling a DSLR? I found an el cheapo one that was a freebie with a point-and-shoot some years ago. I thought it would make a nice travel companion - till I tried it on my D7000 + Tammy 18-270mm... totally cannot make it. Anything out there that can handle this kind of weight while being lightweight and compact, and hence suitable for travel?

Thanks!

Gorillapod?

Yes, Gorillapod….if you don't want to pay so much, there are "fake" versions all over that work almost as well :)

spinworkxroy said:
Yes, Gorillapod….if you don't want to pay so much, there are "fake" versions all over that work almost as well :)

How is this compared to a bean bag? Opinions?

got the large DSLR model. think it's $50 or $60? can't quite remember... :dunno:

they were trying to push the gorillapod on me... but when i said that thing is too damn bulky, the guy laughed, nodded and took out the manfrotto tripod. :bsmilie:

I used a fake gorillapod bought on ebay and used a normal ballhead on it. Not that compact compared to the table but at least i can adjust the angles easier. I used it on Canon 500D and 18-200 lens. D7000 might be slightly heavier.