SWO Francis Ng

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentmonkey

Jul 10, 2004
www.flickr.com
hey guys, just wondering, what's the background story for this guy? sergeant major of the army..super lao cheow fellow, must have a very colourful background story...anyone worked with him before and have anecdotes to share? just curious, cos i saw him in the flesh today..also reminded of the time my buddies and i were drinking and smoking (them not me) at the chevrons and he sat down to join us....we almost crapped in our pants (we were still trainees in sispec) when we found out who he was

Ooooo he promote to Army RSM? Or SAF RSM?

I encounted two 3rd Div RSMs during my NS time, 1st was SWO Gunga and SWO Jeffrey took over him when he got promoted. Dun really know them as seldom wanna encounter a RSM really, especially a Div RSM! :bsmilie: My opinion is: Gunga is a more relax and approachable person. Jeffrey is more siao on and strict.

The Div commander during Gunga's time was then BG Desmond Quek. Now, CDF liao.

Found Gunga's story:
http://www.mindef.gov.sg/imindef/mi.../Personal_Stories/The_Swinging_60s/gunga.html

I met a lot of these "top" guys before. CDF, COA, Army RSM, Div RSM, Div Cmd, etc. That's the problem with being in the first batch of a unit with a newly operationalised weapon. EVERYONE wants to see. Zzz. Gunga is definately more relaxed. I still remember him making milo for this NZ guy (i forget who he is) at TW, telling him that milo is like hot cocoa, etc. Lol. Jeffrey was damn jialat. I remember everytime to went to Jurong camp, we always to try to avoid him at all costs. My battery mate kena from him for 40mins cos of his haircut (not long, very short and "weird"). Now i think he scarred for life liao. Hur hur.

I met Gunga once during COA visit to my HQ. He took time off to chat with my guys and offered to bring us some lunch as we were quite busy with some IT set-up.

MWO Gunga (as he was known then) was OC Alpha Company, Sispec, when i was there. man, even at dat time (think he was ard 40s?), he still can outrun and outmarch the entire company in FBO. remember in our graduation march up peng kang hill, he led the entire sispec formation from start to finish, and still had the time to welcome everyone on top of peng kang hill... without breaking a sweat.

a nice but strict OC. :)

MWO Gunga (as he was known then) was OC Alpha Company, Sispec, when i was there. man, even at dat time (think he was ard 40s?), he still can outrun and outmarch the entire company in FBO. remember in our graduation march up peng kang hill, he led the entire sispec formation from start to finish, and still had the time to welcome everyone on top of peng kang hill... without breaking a sweat.

Woot, which batch ASLC was that then? Was WO Peter Estrop there?

Eh, you also from Welfa ah?

Eh, you also from Welfa ah?

welfare my arse... when i was there bet 95-96, it was the time when CO Sispec was a SOF, Sispec 2 i/c is a guardsman, and most of the trainers were either guardsmen or commandos. the trainees were joking among ourselves, when we pass-out (sometimes literally), we shld all get pink berets - our training was too siao for infantry, but not tough like the commandos or guards. :bsmilie:

welfare my arse... when i was there bet 95-96, it was the time when CO Sispec was a SOF, Sispec 2 i/c is a guardsman, and most of the trainers were either guardsmen or commandos. the trainees were joking among ourselves, when we pass-out (sometimes literally), we shld all get pink berets - our training was too siao for infantry, but not tough like the commandos or guards. :bsmilie:

Muahahahahh you were there one year too late then! :bsmilie:

I met a lot of these "top" guys before. CDF, COA, Army RSM, Div RSM, Div Cmd, etc. That's the problem with being in the first batch of a unit with a newly operationalised weapon. EVERYONE wants to see. Zzz. Gunga is definately more relaxed. I still remember him making milo for this NZ guy (i forget who he is) at TW, telling him that milo is like hot cocoa, etc. Lol. Jeffrey was damn jialat. I remember everytime to went to Jurong camp, we always to try to avoid him at all costs. My battery mate kena from him for 40mins cos of his haircut (not long, very short and "weird"). Now i think he scarred for life liao. Hur hur.

Ahahaha kenna scarred by Jeffrey :bsmilie: You must be serving NS just about the same time as me. I remembered it was just after 911 and SWO Jeff stood ramrod in front of the guard room EVERY weekday morning......staring and glaring at anyone that entered Jurong Camp......any terrorist see him also scarred for life.:bsmilie:

Kenna arrowed by my CSM to do 'sai kang' for Div RSM.....turned out that it was Gunga, requiring some help to shift his furniture in his new office. After that he offered to buy us coffee but we decline......our motto was 'Avoid all RSM at all cost!' But he is a nice person.

But this thread is about SWO Francis Ng? Nothing about him?

wow... didn't expect the other SWOs to have so much to be said about them...

SWO francis got the grandfatherly look, that's all i can say..but i bet my magic offs that there must be something about him..otherwise he wouldn't be where he is today..surely got some chao keng kias working in his office who are into photography and surf clubsnap when they're eng eng cheng cheng never go outfield...you know who you are, tell us man!

eh ninelives, you think you very funny is it? can hear that or not? that's the sound of my PT shoes laughing, now go grab yours and run round the camp until i'm happy! haha :p

isn't army includes the art of wayang too? if not, u have not u must be a top of the top for your degree in overseas. if not, you can outrun, outjump, outfight, outendure everyone else when you are younger. probably they will see your portfolio and testimonial too just like any other work.

certainly in the army organistation they don't rate employees as whether they can teach or not, caring or not, go extra mile to teach or give extra lessons or not. and it's not about experience solely. yeah u can know alot of wargaming but those are just bullshit as no one has been to war yet. and if u want to talk about being skillful in tactics, i would think the police or sof or whatever have more because they experience civilian more with or without their weapons and they encounter bad guys and blood in their line somewhat.

isn't army includes the art of wayang too? if not, u have not u must be a top of the top for your degree in overseas. if not, you can outrun, outjump, outfight, outendure everyone else when you are younger. probably they will see your portfolio and testimonial too just like any other work.

certainly in the army organistation they don't rate employees as whether they can teach or not, caring or not, go extra mile to teach or give extra lessons or not. and it's not about experience solely. yeah u can know alot of wargaming but those are just bullshit as no one has been to war yet. and if u want to talk about being skillful in tactics, i would think the police or sof or whatever have more because they experience civilian more with or without their weapons and they encounter bad guys and blood in their line somewhat.

thanks for your opinion bro, but that's abit out of point..pai seh

Status
Not open for further replies.